The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Well chuffed good day

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 03:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well chuffed good day

Went for a long walk up Stanage edge with the dogs this morning and when I got back a big yellow thing was shining in the sky. Now normally I would have gone riding but she was looking extremely grubby due to the last 3 rides being on grime ridden salt strewn roads and in the rain (all three times) so I decided to blast off the filth and re spray with 365.
But it got a little out of hand, once clean and semi shiny, I liberally applied the 365, then I degreased the chain, then re lubed, then polished and shined her, ignoring the cans, that will become clear, then changed the grips (I've had the new ones a couple of weeks waiting). Got back in doors and abused the credit card again and ordered new cans and link pipes, old ones were rotting along the seams and weren't seating right anyway - 350mm stainless Devlaks (excuse the spelling)..... Chippy next weeks become exhaust fitting day if you don't mind - no idea how to pay for them yet, eh ho.
The girls getting on a bit and has a few chips here and there but she deserves spoiling every now and then.

Old 03-02-2014, 05:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh goody new shiny parts to be added to your girl. Not a problem David I have to reseat my cans as well so we can get them done together. I have all we will need so bring them along and off we go.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:21 AM
Welcome Crew

hope you both have a good day exhaust fettling ,
the delvicks are decent cans, got them on mine and they are easy to fit

Old 03-03-2014, 09:26 AM

cans arrived today - link pipes, clamps, carbon gaskets, everything all included and they look ace, I cant wait to fit em on the bike.
MOT next week so baffles will stay in at the moment but I will have to have a go after with em out.
Still a child.

Old 03-03-2014, 03:39 PM

Nice one - nothing like that new exhaust feeling when they arrive - bet they'll look great when fitted & sound good as well!

Old 03-03-2014, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by TIGGR 2
cans arrived today - link pipes, clamps, carbon gaskets, everything all included and they look ace, I cant wait to fit em on the bike.
MOT next week so baffles will stay in at the moment but I will have to have a go after with em out.
Still a child.
Pics needed! And a video so we can here the new cans when fitted.

Enjoy your fettling.

Cheers, SB

Old 03-05-2014, 09:39 AM

I'm sure we will be able to do some before and after pics of Tiggr's bike as for the video I will leave that up to him.

Old 03-08-2014, 12:08 PM

A good day was had by all.
David has his new cans fitted, sounds awesome and looks the dogs dangles and I have a new chain fitted, new cush rubbers installed, new sprocket hub assembly and my exhaust are reseated, sealed and sounding wonderful.
A pleasure having you back round at my mean cave David.
Oh and we put a new seal in David's sprocket hub as well.

Old 03-08-2014, 02:22 PM

Sorry about the pics of Chippys butt

Good day as Chippy says - what a star...

Attached Thumbnails Well chuffed good day-71.jpg   Well chuffed good day-72.jpg   Well chuffed good day-73.jpg   Well chuffed good day-74.jpg  
Old 03-08-2014, 02:31 PM

Cant get the video to load but it sounds a bit rin tin tin on the vid, it must be my phone it sounds a lot more burbbly in real..

Quick Reply: Well chuffed good day