The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

The Sound of Honda - Ayrton Senna

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Default The Sound of Honda - Ayrton Senna

This caused the hairs on the back of my neck to stand up!

Having seen Ayrton race at the Adelaide F1 circuit on numerous occasions (and he was the same age as me), this is an awesome memory.

Driving data left by Ayrton Senna, brings back his engine sound from 24 years ago. This is a project that visualizes Senna’s telemetry data, and recreates Senna’s fastest lap with generated engine sound and light.

And an extended version....................

Enjoy!

Cheers, SB

Last edited by Sebastionbear1; 12-08-2013 at 04:22 AM.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just awesome SB. Yep, chills up my back. Dark Side of the Moon laser show can't touch it. Very cool project, indeed.

Old 12-08-2013, 03:31 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, did it for me, next assignment Seb is to find the English translation of that.

For those that have never heard an F1 engine at full noise; let me assure you, that no matter how loud you have the speakers turned up; it is nothing like the real thing.

My good lady wife and I were fortunate enough to attend the Melbourne GP in 2010. Her first reaction to hearing an F1 engine on the practice day was just to laugh outrageously. She simply couldn't believe that any "car" could be that fast and that loud.

And when you get three or four of them in very quick succession, it really does just melt your brain.

After about ten minutes, you need to stuff the complimentary earplugs in, just to try and make the headache go away.

Last edited by kiwi TK; 12-08-2013 at 03:53 AM.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:21 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kiwi TK
Yep, did it for me, next assignment Seb is to find the English translation of that.

For those that have never heard an F1 engine at full noise; let me assure you, that no matter how loud you have the speakers turned up; it is nothing like the real thing.

My good lady wife and I were fortunate enough to attend the Melbourne GP in 2010. Her first reaction to hearing an F1 engine on the practice day was just to laugh outrageously. She simply couldn't believe that any "car" could be that fast and that loud.

And when you get three or four of them in very quick succession, it really does just melt your brain.

After about ten minutes, you need to stuff the complimentary earplugs in, just to try and make the headache go away.
Teeks,

One of the little button thingies at the bottom of the Youtube screen has a CC type thingamubob. Hit that and it has an English translation. True story!

If you need that translated into New Zulandese, just let me know

Cheers, SB

Old 12-08-2013, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Sebastionbear
Teeks,

One of the little button thingies at the bottom of the Youtube screen has a CC type thingamubob. Hit that and it has an English translation. True story!

If you need that translated into New Zulandese, just let me know

Cheers, SB
Well I never, aint modern technology grand? I honestly didn't know about that.

I'm just a simple folk, I tend to look for vids that are already in NZuld or Strain.

Like this little gem of Strain cricket commentary I happened to stumble across today.

Apparently, a bit of a slow patch in a one day match against Sri Lanka.

Last edited by kiwi TK; 12-08-2013 at 04:48 AM.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:01 AM
Super Moderator

^^^ Oh deary me!

He cracked himself up a lot there.

Reminds me of the joke that ends with the line...........'Hey there boy, is that the cat that chewed your new shoes?'

Cheers, SB

Old 12-08-2013, 06:47 PM

That was one of the coolest videos I have seen in a long time!!!

Old 12-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great stuff, 1200hp! and sounded it.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:25 AM

Hey Jarvid, you maybe need to join the secret sub-club of the Hurricane Forum. The Hurricane Riders F1 Fan club.

I think it's only Woof and I, but we do find some interesting stuff.

Old 12-09-2013, 11:28 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Sebastionbear
This caused the hairs on the back of my neck to stand up!

Having seen Ayrton race at the Adelaide F1 circuit on numerous occasions (and he was the same age as me), this is an awesome memory.

Driving data left by Ayrton Senna, brings back his engine sound from 24 years ago. This is a project that visualizes Sennas telemetry data, and recreates Sennas fastest lap with generated engine sound and light.

Sound of Honda - Ayrton Senna 1989 - - YouTube

And an extended version....................

【プ*ジェクト*ービー】Sound of Honda - Ayrton Senna 1989 - - YouTube

Enjoy!

Cheers, SB
Nice one Seb, ya got me again. Brought back good memories of my ole boyhood hero, have sat listened several times now, each with the same result.......................ya get the drift eh.

Nice find Seb, saved to my fav's and past on to other mates and also fans of the mighty Senna too. What a great project to construct such a set up and make it all work out, technology at it's best eh.

Cheers, Andrew

Quick Reply: The Sound of Honda - Ayrton Senna