The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

She's Gone!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congradulations Henry, What a nice bike. I hope you enjoy it for many years!

Old 08-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well done Haga , great find . welcome back Henry , the new beast looks a million bucks , and what a great price !!!!

Old 08-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

1000 blissful miles down and I'm still grinning like a Cheshire cat every time I ride her. It's become almost annoying having everyone stop and stare at this machine (while I'm on it) and my god, don't they just.
I've had offers from strangers at the lights (for the bike). People stop in the street and ask questions about her. It's almost embarrassing, but then I know I have something very special under my **** (not piles).
There are so many attributes to this bike that make it something undeniably special but to me the most amazing thing is the original pipes. To hear the bike sound as Honda intended it to is sheer musicality. I smile more about the sound than anything else. Quiet as a mouse at tick over but a wailing banshee at speed. Anyone who has had the pleasure of original cans on one of these will know what I'm talking about. Expensive they may be to buy as OEM but worth it for the undeniably authentic sound of a classic motorcycle they certainly are. So rare these days. I've never seen another in the UK with these pipes still fitted. Hats off to Mr Honda for making them so bloody expensive. Bastards!!!
Yes, yes.... I'll be doing another CCT mod for her soon and getting stuck in properly with a few spanners to get to know her better but for now the idea of owning a 1KF with such virgin mileage is still a novelty I want to enjoy. I might even go to the Honda dealer and ask for some warranty work...... he he!
Anyway guys, I've shed tears of joy and laughter over your support and comments. This forum is lined with diamonds, all of you.
Thank you.

Time for a new thread....... or two. Oh yes, and there's an insurance claim to make.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:36 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HenryM
1000 blissful miles down and I'm still grinning like a Cheshire cat every time I ride her. It's become almost annoying having everyone stop and stare at this machine (while I'm on it) and my god, don't they just.
I've had offers from strangers at the lights (for the bike). People stop in the street and ask questions about her. It's almost embarrassing, but then I know I have something very special under my **** (not piles).
There are so many attributes to this bike that make it something undeniably special but to me the most amazing thing is the original pipes. To hear the bike sound as Honda intended it to is sheer musicality. I smile more about the sound than anything else. Quiet as a mouse at tick over but a wailing banshee at speed. Anyone who has had the pleasure of original cans on one of these will know what I'm talking about. Expensive they may be to buy as OEM but worth it for the undeniably authentic sound of a classic motorcycle they certainly are. So rare these days. I've never seen another in the UK with these pipes still fitted. Hats off to Mr Honda for making them so bloody expensive. Bastards!!!
Yes, yes.... I'll be doing another CCT mod for her soon and getting stuck in properly with a few spanners to get to know her better but for now the idea of owning a 1KF with such virgin mileage is still a novelty I want to enjoy. I might even go to the Honda dealer and ask for some warranty work...... he he!
Anyway guys, I've shed tears of joy and laughter over your support and comments. This forum is lined with diamonds, all of you.
Thank you.

Time for a new thread....... or two. Oh yes, and there's an insurance claim to make.
Welcome back Henry!
SebBEAR and I were having a discussion on your disappearance from the forum and he suggested that you'd just be grinning as you got to know your new ride. < I just knew you'd appreciate the quality of this buy. >

I certainly concur re the original pipes and cans ..... and indeed keeping the bike original as Mr Honda designed it.

Re people looking .... when I go out on a ride in a group and we park our bikes in some country town it's amazing how many people will come look at the CBR1000F over all the other newer bikes. People find it incredulous when told that the bike is over 20 years old. It just has classic lines and style that do not date.

Welcome back Henry!!!!

Photos soon I hope.......

Last edited by Naga_Thai; 08-08-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Thank you.

Yup, welcome back Henry, we thought you'd gone bush with your new girl on a "bonding" session!

I am totally jealous of your new ride - it sounds fantastic! I still have the original pipes on mine, but they are a little tattered from what appears to be a number of stationary tips on both sides! The Yoshis I bought will be painted black and fit up, and the originals lovingly wrapped and hung in the shed.

And as Naga said................(and I'm paraphrasing )

Cheers, SB

Old 08-09-2012, 02:27 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When we read about your big grin, we all smile.
I'm sure I can speak for all the guys and say how happy we are for you.
Naga - you're a treasure- worth your weight in.............hehe

TIME FOR A NEW THREAD AND PICS OF THE LADY.........
c'mon Henry don't be shy - she's a smashing girl

Old 08-09-2012, 06:56 AM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Originally Posted by Sebastionbear
Yup, welcome back Henry, we thought you'd gone bush with your new girl on a "bonding" session!

I am totally jealous of your new ride - it sounds fantastic! I still have the original pipes on mine, but they are a little tattered from what appears to be a number of stationary tips on both sides! The Yoshis I bought will be painted black and fit up, and the originals lovingly wrapped and hung in the shed.

And as Naga said................(and I'm paraphrasing )

Cheers, SB
Yeah yeah...... I'm still bonding. Pictures can go suck right now. All in good time, and I don't want to be publishing dirty ones either.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:17 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

Pictures can go All in good time, and I don't want to be publishing dirty ones either.
Henry, whilst I'm sure that you appreciate that I personally, would never be interested in dirty photos of a new mistress, I think perhaps our Aussie mates are hanging out for some joy in their lives, (given their Olympic results)

I also have to admit to some jealousy, I was pretty happy with my 35Km Mk 1 (22 000 miles) but you've now gone and upped the ante. Keep up the good work with your riding thou', yours should have more miles than mine in about three weeks I reckon.

I love this thread, it makes me smile every time I read it.

Last edited by kiwi TK; 08-09-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:00 AM
Banned

Yeah yeah...... I'm still bonding. Pictures can go suck right now. All in good time, and I don't want to be publishing dirty ones either.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:55 AM

if Henry is slack with pics, you can always check out my album and salivate to your hearts content, cant be much diff except mines even less k's.