The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

She's Gone!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 05:05 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Henry that is not cool!

May their knackers rot and NOT drop off!

With luck it'll just be a joy rider and you'll get her back.

If it was a new bike it'd probably be in bits by now, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Last edited by hawkwind; 07-28-2012 at 07:02 PM. Reason: language
Old 07-26-2012, 09:03 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Aye that is glum news man, like a wild horse - I hope she throws the ******* that
took it on you.......... there's never any luck that can be had from stealing a mans
bike .......never ever .... curses on them

Old 07-27-2012, 03:26 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Damned bad news Henry, any news? Spotted a replacement or is it too soon, still in the grieving period?

Old 07-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys.
You're all making me well up. I feel better every day when I read your comments, the love is oozing out of my screen.....much appreciated.
It's been a weird week. The police called me to get more details and then almost straight away said they were not taking the investigation any further. Well, so much for giving them an easy nick on a plate.
I assume the entire metropolitan police force has better things to think about right now, like the Olympics. Fair comment I suppose. Anyway, I'll never see my girl again. She's gone!
So, I turn my mind to a replacement. Yes, I've got a lengthy ebay shortlist, been to se a few local deals, nearly bought a VFR 800 yesterday which had been sitting around for a while but there was a lot of work to do on it.
I took a test ride on a 800 cross runner and a 1200 cross tourer yesterday but neither of them measured up. Nice, new, but just not right.
I'm really struggling to think what I would even consider as a replacement.
Once you've owned a 1KF and it becomes a daily part of your life, WTF else is out there that could walk in it's footsteps, or ride in its tracks, more to the point.
I need some help folks, not just mentally.
And if the Ozzies can give me back the hollowed out husk of my beloved, I'd be extremely happy. You can keep the CCT.
Love you guys!

Old 07-28-2012, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by HenryM
Guys.
You're all making me well up. I feel better every day when I read your comments, the love is oozing out of my screen.....much appreciated.
It's been a weird week. The police called me to get more details and then almost straight away said they were not taking the investigation any further. Well, so much for giving them an easy nick on a plate.
I assume the entire metropolitan police force has better things to think about right now, like the Olympics. Fair comment I suppose. Anyway, I'll never see my girl again. She's gone!
So, I turn my mind to a replacement. Yes, I've got a lengthy ebay shortlist, been to se a few local deals, nearly bought a VFR 800 yesterday which had been sitting around for a while but there was a lot of work to do on it.
I took a test ride on a 800 cross runner and a 1200 cross tourer yesterday but neither of them measured up. Nice, new, but just not right.
Once you've owned a 1KF and it becomes a daily part of your life, WTF else is out there that could walk in it's footsteps, or ride in its tracks, more to the point.
And if the Ozzies can give me back the hollowed out husk of my beloved, I'd be extremely happy. You can keep the CCT.
Love you guys!

Hey Henry,

Good to see you posting. There have been a few very tidy 1KFs on Ebay down here - a couple the same paint scheme as your stolen girl.

Love to buy you one and send it over, but funds just wont cut it - sorry!

However, have you thought of posting on every UK motorcycle related forum/blog/twitter/facebook with a picture and reward.

You dont have to give up just because PC Plod is watching the female beach volleyball at the Games.

Keep trying mate.

Cheers, SB

PS: We didn't really take your bike.....

Old 07-28-2012, 04:31 PM
July 2014 ROTM
Thumbs up Help available

Guys.
Love you guys!
Henry,
I was getting worried and thought you had turned into a recluse or worse
Glad to see you're posting again. F***ing police are useless - they have CCTV, ANPR and a number plate and they aren't checking!!! No wonder so many bikes go missing and insurance is so high.

Anyway if you need help looking give me a call - will pop over. Have you thought about another 1F or the CBR1100? Or what about a complete change and a Vstrom/tiger?

Stay in touch and let me know if you need a hand.

Rick

Old 07-28-2012, 07:55 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Henry - have you looked at this?

Guys.
Love you guys!
Hi Henry - despite being in Oz and unlike the English Plods, we're looking out for you - Have you looked at this?

Honda : Honda CBR1000F Ultra Low Miles

Last edited by Naga_Thai; 07-28-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:46 PM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nows your chance to get a real pretty bike a MK3!

Last edited by jarvid; 07-28-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:21 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a bloody nice find there Naga !

Old 07-29-2012, 04:05 AM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Blimey, you lot down under have unearthed a little gem there.
I'm onto it. Thanks a million for the tip Naga.