The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

She's Gone!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 10:47 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I think everyone here has that punched in the guts feeling.

I hope justice is served

....and not the kind served in a court of law

Old 07-22-2012, 04:59 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys. All of you.
I needed to vent this morning, after a day of morphine like comatose disbelief.
I'm not the first here to have cried after the loss of a ride, a long time companion. I won't be the last.
There is more to say about bike theft but I can not write literally now. My pedantic digits are dysfunctional with sadness.
Thank you for your thoughts and feelings. It's just nice to know I'm not alone with my feelings at this moment.
Tomorrow will be better.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:34 PM
Banned

Henry,
This might be of some small comfort mate but with number plate recognition technology now stolen vehicles are easier to find. What if they take the plate off you say ? Yes I get that but in my experience these people are DUMB and don't even think to take the plate off it at all. Even if they put another stolen plate on it, it will send alarm bells through the system and the bike/rider will be stopped and questioned. Quite often they bring themselves undone cause they bring attention to themselves, eg, speeding, riding like idiots etc. Again they are dumb and don't think about this. The invention of ANPR is awesome in locating stolen vehicles and the majority of people get the stolen cars/bikes back before anything else happens to them. Compared to only a few years back the chances of coming across a stolen vehicle these days are in my experience a 20 percent chance compared to an 80 or 90 percent chance these days. Cheers mate. I hope it gets better.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very sorry to hear that Henry, the bastards. I hope you get her back. I know how you feel as I have had a bike stolen just after I had her in mint condition. I kept thinking I had put her somewhere else and just forgotten where she was!!! Certainly is gut wrenching!!

Old 07-22-2012, 07:05 PM

Saw this and so sorry to hear about your loss I have been there myself and know the feeling you walk out nothing sat on the curb thinking maybe it would come back knowing it won't you just lost your best friend again sorry for your loss.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:07 PM
July 2014 ROTM

Henry,
Just saw your post about your girl being lifted. Bastards!

Good luck in your hunt for a replacement. There's some decent looking ones on ebay.

Stay in touch.

Rick

Old 07-22-2012, 07:39 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to hear this Henry. I've had a bike stolen too & know that empty feeling. I did not get mine back, was never found. I'm wishing the opposite outcome for you.

Hang in there.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:34 PM

Bummer Henry. That's the best looking color scheme. They really wanted that, or somebody really, really wanted your modified CCT.

Originally Posted by kiwi TK

Wouldn't it be much easier to steal an R1 or R6?
And a lot lighter.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by slowpoke
Bummer Henry. That's the best looking color scheme. They really wanted that, or somebody really, really wanted your modified CCT.

Dang! Sprung.................

I'm sending it out to the Universe that you get your baby back Henry, 'cause then you'll be sooooooooooooo happy, you will start a small CCT springy thingy production run for all us Aussies who were rooting for you

Cheers, SB

Old 07-23-2012, 04:43 AM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default For sale - cbr1000f-l 1991

FOR SALE - CBR1000F-L 1991 -
Classic Red / White / Blue colour scheme
Quick Sale in UK.
Sensational condition however bike is minus Cam chain tensioner.

PS for SebastianBear (OK mate I've got the part - I'll be back to OZ next flight. We'll start the copy shop production run as soon as I get back)

PSS for Henry (Sorry to hear of your loss mate!)

Last edited by Naga_Thai; 07-23-2012 at 04:46 AM.