The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Restricted Output (warning long post)

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve you should start a "steve's weirdest craziest youtubes collection"
Can you imagine what's going on in Steve's head 24/7? I bet it's like Mr. Toad's Wild Ride on acid. lol..

Old 09-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah .....good prompt there Dylan ........ 'ere we go I knew it was summwere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIkbe...eature=related

Last edited by Sprock; 09-06-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it helps any...... Mr. Toad was BY FAR my favorite character in "Wind in the Willows".
When he discovered motorcars.... the rush made him trip like he was on drugs.
I could identify with him. Seriously. They make me feel the same way.

"Poop poop!!"
He made all the other characters look like sissies by comparison.

Mr. Toad's Motor Mania 1995 - YouTube

Old 09-07-2011, 06:23 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
Ow well ,........... its off to see the wizard !!!!
This would presumably be the "Wizard of Solar Panel Installing" so that you won't have to do it.

If you do manage to catch up with him can you see if his mate "The Wizard of Repainting the Fecking Living Room Ceiling" is up for a trip to Wanaka?

Old 09-07-2011, 07:15 AM

Muppets.

Anyway no never ran away crying in a huff had to go off to work.

The cam timing is fine, well its to all the marks anyway.

Carbs are synched and balanced and the slides move as they should, airbox off blip and they all rise evenly and drop sharply as they should.

i will try and get a pic of the inside of the airbox, theres a white plastic plate with a rectangular hole in it. A bit longer than an iphone. It is fitted in the join between the upper half of the airbox and the lower filter housing.

Talking to another uk owner of a 93 model reckons his 600 fazer is faster than the cbr. They have got to be restricted. Stupid euro laws.

Still to check the jet numbers etc, but found a manual and it seems I have the UK carbs going by the number. The cam differences listed in the manual are not enough to drop the power this much.

I got a vid of it going up to about 130 mph but its pretty long, need to trim it down then that way you will all be able to tell right away if its restricted.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:34 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If all you can get is 130 on the speedo, your bike is
1 Tired
2 Not a 1000F
3 Not running right
4 wrong gearing (sprockets)

My old banger will do 11 Kms in 2 mins 45 on a rolling start which is an AVERAGE of 261 KPH on a GPS. Speedo was shouting around 280KPH odd. I was a bit busy watching the road at the time - things go past fast at 1 kilometer in 15 seconds, yaknow.......That's 161MPH.
If you can't outpull a 750 then maybe someone has put a longer front or rear sprocket (or both)on her for better mileage.My bike's a 1990 Mk2 with std sprockets at 17/42 and K&N filter and an open exhaust. And she has around 70000 Miles up.
My bike will eat a 750CBX ALIVE. Not even a contest.............Like clubbing baby seals, really. Gees, she eats a CBX 1000 almost as fast.And if you can't run from a 600 Faser at top end (they are quick through the gears) then there's a problem. I have yet to find ANY of the 600's that can live with me on top end.And none of them will take more than, maybe 3 bike lengths off me from a standing start, but when I hit 3rd gear is when they start to come back to me and after that it's all over, red rover

In summary, something's wrong with your bike..............................
Geez 61/2 pages of crvp 4 answers, next time put it in the Hurricane section. This is the bar, and no-one speaks much sense in here - I've just got here, so not fuddled yet.......
Oh and what was that Steve-o -? you said something (again) Ah well couldn't've been important, then hehe
Buncha looooooneyticks
Takes one to know one, I know................

AND WHO ARE YOU CALLING A MUPPET ?
It's MR MUPPET TO YOU................

Old 09-07-2011, 07:45 AM

it was in the Hurricane section it was moved here, read one of the earlier posts.

Also the Fazer, that was someone else who owns a fazer and a cbr1000, they are his bikes and HE says the fazer is quicker.

Only 130 on that trip as the road conditions didn't allow for any more.

Here is a short video of me overtaking some cars from an earlier run, what do you guys think?

cbr overtake - YouTube

Last edited by Chammyman; 09-07-2011 at 07:56 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:56 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hard to tell - was that just 5th and 6th ? If so, looked about right.
BUT LOOK AT YOUR REVS - when you start your overtake you're doing around 4500-5000 revs I think.
You can see the whooooosh when you hit 6000 revs.
Passing is best done "in the zone" ie above 5500-9000 revs which is where all the power comes in.
These bikes don't pull well below 3000 revs in 6th, or off the line if you let the revs drop down to 2000 revs, she won't get away in a hurry. These are TOURING bikes, and with a weight of 550 Lbs or 252 Kg's they are big old girls. If you want to check the horsepower, put in on a dyno. Mine has around 115 HP on the back wheel at 9000 revs in 6th.
Trying to compete with, say a 1000RR which weighs 75 Kilo's or 165 Lbs less than a 1000F, and has another 40 horses, really isn't what it's about. Those are crotch rockets, the 1000F will outrun them on a long run because
1 Our bikes are more comfy
2 We carry more fuel
3 We stop a lot less for reasons 1 and 2.
4 The crotch rockets aren't any faster on the kind of roads we ride on - I know, I regularly ride with 1000RR's VFR1200's, R1's etc. On the twisty bits, sure, but OUR TECHNOLOGY IS 20 YEARS OLD. Horses for courses, I think..........

Quick Reply: Restricted Output (warning long post)