The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Quite possibly one of the best ideas ever.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sebastionbear
Such a witty response - you should be proud!! Well done, made me giggle into my cornflakes.
If you're willing to testify that within a few seconds after your giggle you inhaled a bit of milk that caused your throat to constrict and you to think you might choke and possibly die, I know a guy who knows a guy who can get you at least $5000 off hamlin for accidental mental injury. Throw Kellogg in there for a few million as well because they haven't added a warning to their cereal that says "CAUTION! This box contains small pieces of food that could be a choking hazard if inhaled while laughing." Guarantee that before you're done with the lawsuit you'll also own the family dairy farm which provided the milk, too.

Old 07-25-2015, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator
Received 316 Likes on 260 Posts

If you think you can get 5 large off of me, you are too late. My ex beat you to it long ago. There is very little blood left in this turnip.
But I can join in on a class action law suit against Kelloggs. I can pay you your 5K on the back side.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by hamlin6
If you think you can get 5 large off of me, you are too late. My ex beat you to it long ago. There is very little blood left in this turnip.
You and me both hamlin!

I now just find women I don't like and give them my house - saves a lot of grief in the interim

Cheers, SB

Old 07-25-2015, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator

Seb, that is the exact advice I have my father, "every 4 or 5 years, find some woman you hate and buy her a house."

Old 07-26-2015, 06:11 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

Originally Posted by amacadams
If you're willing to testify that within a few seconds after your giggle you inhaled a bit of milk that caused your throat to constrict and you to think you might choke and possibly die, I know a guy who knows a guy who can get you at least $5000 off hamlin for accidental mental injury. Throw Kellogg in there for a few million as well because they haven't added a warning to their cereal that says "CAUTION! This box contains small pieces of food that could be a choking hazard if inhaled while laughing." Guarantee that before you're done with the lawsuit you'll also own the family dairy farm which provided the milk, too.
So here's a thought.

If my youngest daughter (who is not quite a lawyer yet) managed to bring a civil class action against Kellogg for not having the appropriate warnings on their boxes, then won; and was willing to share the spoils of her victory by paying off our mortgage: would I take it????

I don't actually know;

torn between by the support and guidance we have given her over the past 24 years, and my disdain for lawyers going after big companies.

Old 07-26-2015, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator

hhmm, thats a tough one. I'm in the same mindset as you Kiwi as it pertains to all frivolous lawering that seems to prevale in society today.
i guess from my viewpoint it would depend on if Seb choked his cornflakes due to a carelessness on his part, (reading and eating at the same time) or if there was a known design flaw in the creation of the cearal. Maybe the flakes were produced so they were large enough that they would log in the esauphagas if not chewed 15 times each. knowing that the general public dosent chew their food 10 times, let alone 15 times might warrant such a suit and thereby making you mortage free.

Old 07-26-2015, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by hamlin6
i guess from my viewpoint it would depend on if Seb choked his cornflakes due to a carelessness on his part, (reading and eating at the same time) or if there was a known design flaw in the creation of the cearal.
Too be fair on Kellogg ; Seb has stayed at my house. I would probably think any breakfast issues that he may have are probably more related to previous night activity rather than cereal design issues.

Last edited by kiwi TK; 07-26-2015 at 07:18 AM.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator

So now we can take on the beer companies too! Win-Win.

Old 07-26-2015, 07:42 AM

Go after that Bombay Sapphire company, there must be some responsibility to not make gin so delicious and drinkable.

Old 07-26-2015, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Oh this just gets betterer and betterer.....................

But please leave Bombay Sapphire out of any litigious action.

'Tis a tipple to be appreciated to the full, lightly iced with a slice of lemon and juuuuuuuuuuuuuust the right amount of Indian Tonic water - served in a chilled, tall glass by a partially dressed, nubile water nymph at an exotic, sweltering location with punkah fans lazily wafting a slight breeze overhead, and cracked peanut shells strewn with careless abandon knee deep around the sumptuously cushioned wicker chairs. You look across the mountain of yet to be cracked peanuts to your delicious, desirous partner who has a wicked glint in her bedroom eyes that suggests the night has barely begun..................

Such is the stuff of dreams

Cheers, SB

Last edited by Sebastionbear1; 07-26-2015 at 09:16 AM.

Quick Reply: Quite possibly one of the best ideas ever.