The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Quite possibly one of the best ideas ever.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 03:57 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quite possibly one of the best ideas ever.

Let's campaign to have this replace Synchronized Swimming as an official Olympic sport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_kfUVZdTkU

Old 07-22-2015, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi TK
Let's campaign to have this replace Synchronized Swimming as an official Olympic sport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_kfUVZdTkU

I raise you Charlene Teeks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjG1n9FEDb0

Cheers, SB

Last edited by Sebastionbear1; 07-22-2015 at 07:19 AM.
Old 07-22-2015, 11:28 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ha! Funny this should come up now that only a few weeks ago I've purchased a Walkera Qr X350 quad drone for myself Don't worry the only things my copters will be shooting are aerial videos and photographs, in fact just an hour ago I picked up a box from the post office containing a stabilizer gimbal for a build project I'll probly will soon be starting, too heavy for the walkera. Expecting another package at the end of the week that should have an aluminum transport box as well as the pro- version hull for extra battery space (and I might have crashed it due to miscalibrated GPS stabilizer resulting in the drone thinking it's upside down at takeoff and trying to self-correct)

Writing with my phone so can't youtube link but search for FPV racing (first person view) very cool stuff with 250 class quads (cross measurement in mm:s) whizzing past and at parking house pylons and such at high speeds.

Here's my home town from a slightly different perspective taken somewhat directly above our house, not sure at what altitude as I don't have an altimeter but assuming several hundred meters.

And Seb sorry to burst your bubble but that video was some of the worst CGI I've seen in a while. Doesn't sound real, that's around an 800 class with approx 10 to 12 inch blades, they should already power up for a while and produce a proper roar, the prop wash is inconsistent, there's no need for the props to move like that so in real life they don't. Not available for another decade? Pfft that vid is three years old and all the tech was available already then. For instance google this little thing called the DJI Inspire. Oh I'd looove to get one of those, auto takeoff, mission planner to pre-program flight patterns, collission avoidance system, video downlink, and a pricetag of 3k US... But even my little cheapo quad has a gps guided "one key come home" feature and the ability to carry a light camera, a video downlink dongle costs around 20 european etc...

Last edited by Mattson; 07-22-2015 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Never said it was real Matti!

Here's the FPV video where the Australian pilot became the first 'world champion'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR4Gq9qfpnM

Does your brain ever stop with projects and possibilities?

Cheers, SB

Old 07-22-2015, 04:09 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nope The main problem is that my brain is way faster than my wallet...

IF, and that is if, I can pull off the idea in my head it will incorporate a same type of a folding frame than the inspire but it will be even bigger for stability, thinking of around 800 to a full 1k class. No FPV racing with that, I want it to be as stable as possible for aerial video footage at trackdays and such. As you might have noticed I like to give my projects names, this one is called the "UACS Morpheus" . Probly gonna start drawing it next week since my summer vacation starts after this week, currently struggling with how to fold the arms, tiny linear actuators are EXPENSIVE! Gonna go to visit Missy in two weeks though and got two tickets to a track riding course at Botniaring in my wallet ;D

Seen that vid before but was unaware it was from a WC race.

Old 07-22-2015, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mattson
Nope The main problem is that my brain is way faster than my wallet...
I may just have to use that quote in my sig line.

Brilliant!

Video was from this report http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-2...nships/6634592

Cheers, SB

Last edited by Sebastionbear1; 07-22-2015 at 04:14 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:49 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The authorities are determinedly looking for something that will make the first video's perp a lawbreaker so they can bust him.

Old 07-22-2015, 09:08 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^

Puh a .38 or .22 pop pistol

Like to see my G21SF attached to it - one and done

Old 07-23-2015, 01:13 AM

Assasination just got easier :/ Wondering how accurate it actualy is...

No I am not getting Ideas!

(Lmao Just bursted a laugh out loud, when readed how stupid that sounded lol)

Old 07-23-2015, 04:07 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

An interesting development here in New Zealand just today; apparently the CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) have managed to get a law passed that will not allow drones to be flown over either private or public property without specific permission from the land owner.

So if you can't fly over public or private property, what can you fly over?

Ummm, I guess that would be your house.

An interesting development though, the world is changing so rapidly now; the old rules that used to apply to model aircraft are no longer suitable for the use of drones.

And I can understand that, the use of a drone with a camera to check out your neighbors teenage daughter sunbathing is probably a bit intrusive.

My balsa wood and tissue paper , rubber band powered Spitfires could never do that.

Quick Reply: Quite possibly one of the best ideas ever.