The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

a little - viewing entertainment

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 10:37 AM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hurricanematt
If i wanted more power than my cane I would probably go to the blackbird a fuel injected version. They are very fast bikes, still not in the Busa or ZX14 class.

At this time I have had my cane for 2 years and she still gets my pulse going with I open her up. She was a rocket in her day and still is in my opinion. I have managed to keep her reputation strong as she has defended her title several times. I have trounced many new 600s like the
Yamaha R6. Even beat a 02 TL1000R that had a 170 pound rider and his bike was about 100 pounds lighter than mine. Honda 600rr are spanked on a regular basis. Might add all races were not started by me. They came looking. Funny thing is most say she really is a sleeper being 24 years old after the old cane shows em her tailight. I always say she was the fasted top speed bike in 1988 and would run mid 10's in the 1/4. She is not a sleeper she is a *** kicker. All this with 61k on her.

You all are right Honda doesn't have anything new that I like or even want. I stick with my cane.
I agree. The Hurricane has all the power needed. while it's tempting to look at something with more power the fact that my Hurricane seems a little tame kind of scares me. I'd most likely get in over my head on something like the Kawasaki. At the least my license would probably disappear.

As for esthetics - nothing around looks as good as my '91 Hurricane.

Attached Thumbnails a little - viewing entertainment-cbr-desktop.jpg  
Old 03-06-2012, 04:47 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

Oh I don't know

Name:  DawnRide18.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  102.9 KB

Old 03-06-2012, 04:56 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Both nice lookin bikes, only the wheels, imo, would look better coloured instead of white!

Old 03-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)

Originally Posted by hawkwind
Oh I don't know

I amend my statement to: "our Hurricanes"

Old 03-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And then there were 3 with one exceptionally good looking one or is this a "mine is bigger and better than yours deal ? "

Last edited by Sprock; 03-06-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with you guys, too much is the same as too litlle... you cannot use the potential of these two on the road.. legally... also there are too many variables on the road compared to a track and those too are not made for the track! The GT's which the CBR1000f/Huricane help started with the fj1200 and zx10 and Suzuki Katana (the 88 st model) are now down to 4 representatives

zx14 and the busa and one that is very near the defenition of our bikes the new ninja1000 and Triumph ST1050.

I tried the Blackbird but did not connect, it does everything all too well, the ony buke that i tried that really feels like the CBR1000f is the Triumph st 1050.

For the VFR 1200 they tried to mix the blackbird and the VFR for a successor to both of these bikes, but it is not an inline 4 for those whom prefer this type of engine.

I found an old magazine of Bike publication from England from about a year and half ago, in fact they asked us a qustion about vibrations on a cbr1990 engine, they did kind of a race between Britain and the Nurbirgring and they used what they called master blasters.

CBR1000f, ZX10, FJ1200, they were expecting big powerless hippos, well at the end they were quite please as the bikse had the right balance of performance/confort handling and power to really enjoy your ride without the urge to push it to ther limits because that is where the bike is comfy or that they be overly careful of opening the throttle because there is so much power on tap.
In the end they found them really sweet and enjoyable et they amazed by their handling for a 20 years bike in fact they said the CBR nor the ZX10 did not feel like a 20 years old design!

I am not one to push it anymore but I know I can and it will respond very well. I would like a comparison beween new and old in all conditions not just track and performance and see which one is the best or easier to live with in the long run,day to day living. There might be some surprises

We have been trained by publicity and magazine to say newer with more power is better, but can we really use all that power?

Let's face it the CBR1000f is kind of a cult bik for us!

I will scan the article and put it on the site for all to read.

Too bad thre were no import of the secnd gen in Canada cause I could buy a red and balc tomorow!