The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

If you died, what would come back as?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009 | 05:38 AM

Sorry to hear about your mate, Pete....

They give unconditional love....

As CBR said, I know I'll be a mess when my boy goes ( 10yr old German Shepherd called Zed )

But I'm sure you'll find a worthy replacement who deserves a good home.

All the best mate.

Old 08-14-2009 | 06:01 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012

Man very sorry to hear about Shadow, Pete.........that's just plain hard to deal with.

On the Subject : Well I'd like to come back and be the Guy who invented ultra cheap
fuel cell technology, be it electric or hydrogen or whatever and
relieve everyone from the burden of oil tyranny both international,
corporate and governamental since all three go hand in hand.

Then I reckon the 3 criteria Pete outlined would miraculously
materialize all by themselves and I'd be a made man ! with tons
of chicks plenty of dough, lots of bikes, cars and boats and houses
at all my favorite spots around the world..........preferably near
Hurricane Owners

Old 08-14-2009 | 09:04 AM
Administrator - Retired

Pete, very sorry to hear about your bud..
I'm gonna have a hard time when Raider goes, too. Had a tough enough time when King (my aussie) went. It's not easy, I know that. I still think about king sometimes, especially when raider does something king would have done.
But like Steve said, the only real way to help is by getting a pup. That's what I always do. Ever had an australian shepherd? (Not like steve... lol)
They're great dogs, imo. Smart, loyal, quiet, clean, and medium sized. Just like I like 'em.
As far as reincarnation, I'd bet that shadow comes back as a pup again for some kid to love...
Or maybe a really rich entrepeneur and inventor? Maybe an inventor of revolutionary dog toys? LOL...

As far as what you want to be, pete.... those are pretty good choices. Only one I don't need is Errol Flynn's bedroom ability.

Old 08-14-2009 | 11:40 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon

Thanks for the kind words boys....................it helps.
Now, Trout, about not needing Errol Flynn's ability.....................
maybe you're getting confused with Tiny Tim...........?

Old 08-14-2009 | 01:02 PM
RIP "The Baron of Bronson"

Shadow I don't know what I can say without sounding redundant other than I'm sorry for ya. My little guy's arthritis is getting real bad, but I'm not strong enough put him down. We keep him on doggie drugs and he stays pretty happy lol. Its kinda funny and sad at the same time. He'll be limping a bit so we give him basically a dog version of morphine. He jumps around like a pup afterward lol. I'd be a train wreck when I lose him. He is the 1st dog that was actually MY dog ya know.

I'd hope he was a reincarnate of someone like me. He acts just like me so I'd think I'd want to be like him. Not to mention the wife calls me a dog all the time

Old 08-14-2009 | 01:53 PM

I know how you feel Michael - Shadow dog was sick for quite a while and cost a fortune for various medicines (which I paid gladly) but in the end, he was too tired to go on.
I hope your little guy stays with you for a long time yet.
Thanks for the good wishes.
Shadow's playing with Captain somewhere (my first dog who died before Shadow was born) a long haired Shepherd.
And if there's a Heaven and it doesn't have room for dogs, I'll pass thanks...............

Old 08-14-2009 | 11:53 PM

Sorry about your mate Pete. I've got four above ground and four in the ground at my place, in a spot I can see from the front veranda. I've cried like a baby before when I've lost one. All that's made me feel a bit better is knowing what a bloody good time they've all had. Give it a couple of weeks and go again, as there's another one out there that's got your name on it for sure! I also like my dogs more than most people I've met...100% loyalty. They're always happy to see you home, they're just awesome creatures who, unfortunately, don't stick around as long as we'd wish!

Old 08-16-2009 | 09:41 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

As Dave said Pete , you can take consolation in the fact he had a great life .

He gave you love and loyalty which was returned in kind , that's all he would have asked for , he died a very happy dog .

If I had to come back as something other than a person , I think It'd have to be a killer whale . Apex predator , cruisin' the oceans with my mates

Old 08-17-2009 | 02:32 AM

As predators go.......................maybe come back as a Kodiak bear..........
Sleep all winter, eat fresh fish and as many park rangers as I can find.........
If you want to be really pampered and look after, maybe come back as
a pair of 36D" nockers..................
Elena Eleniak from Baywatch comes to mind...............hoooooooooooooooooooo

Old 08-17-2009 | 06:12 PM
Administrator - Retired

If I had to come back as something other than a person , I think It'd have to be a killer whale . Apex predator , cruisin' the oceans with my mates
Nice choice, Hawk!
You could play seal ball..... lol..!

Shadow, a kodiak isn't a bad idea, either... You could eat a couple of those dumbass nature photographers that refuse to arm themselves...

36D boobies sounds ok, too....
You just have to be able to choose who's. You don't want to end up on some ugly, nasty, fat chick...(like you did last night.. )

Last edited by kilgoretrout; 08-17-2009 at 06:15 PM.

Quick Reply: If you died, what would come back as?