The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

I Survived

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 12:46 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Az1kF
Woohoo my rehab starts next Monday. Wow, I like these percocet.
Great news Joel

Old 01-15-2011, 05:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear you are doing well.

Previous Phoenix metro resident here, what part of The valley are you in?

Old 01-15-2011, 09:37 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

North Valley, Desert Ridge, 101 & Tatum.

Originally Posted by ranchome
Glad to hear you are doing well.

Previous Phoenix metro resident here, what part of The valley are you in?

Old 06-03-2011, 11:53 PM

Hey guys, sorry it's been a while since partaking in the fun around here but I'm back (pun intended). Here's a catch up on my recovery. When the rehab started it went great, especially when it came time for the message therapy (loved the rub downs), the only real time a wife doesn't mind another female rubbing her young oily hands all over her husband. Well after Jan/Feb worth of therapy my work travel season started so back to work I go. Traveling cross country to my territory (driving my HEMI) as I do for my work, my back did great, of course getting out & stretching more often then I used to. Haven't ridden yet but plan on that venture soon enough. My back fusion has been healing perfectly according to my Surgeon along with me seeing & understanding the x-rays. It looks great & my back pains are history. I still need to be careful since the full fusion could take about 12 months, so I am.

My bike has been resting well & I have been starting her up about every 4/5 weeks to run her in my garage. The carbs sound happy with Seafoam, on each start up & the battery has been on the trickle charger ever since, except of course when I start her up. My wrist has a such an itch for that twist that makes us all who we are but, still taking it slow. I will saddle in time.

I have logged on during my absence a few times but just felt like reading. I hope everyone here has been healthy & riding safe.

Old 06-04-2011, 06:36 AM
Senior Member & Lord of the Odometer (300,000 Mles) & Counting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey:

Good Luck on your recovery and take your time. I had a Friend/Coworker get hurt after a poor landing from a Halo Jump and had back problems for a while. Intense lower back pain all the time, almost ended his career. He got the lower back fusion surgery, and says he can't believe the pain is still gone, after a year and is good to go. He no longer Jumps but can still do things like rock climbing, ride motocross, and rides his bike for daily transportation. Things he could not do before. So hope your recovery is as good as his is, just don't push it, as I seen a few folks not be so lucky because they restrained it by not letting things heal all the way 1st and now have to deal with the pain for a long time, until they can find another method to help them. Not good when they are only 30 YRs old, present career over, no future job in what they did, and nobody wants them for their skills as they can no longer execute them the way they did, (except maybe to teach). A tough transition for a hardheaded, former world class athletic, outdoors guy. But some people can't be told anything and think they are indestructible. Now he (hopefully) knows better and it is a very tough lesson learned, especially when he sees how it has turned out for the other guy.
Good Luck

Dub

Old 06-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012

Hey Joel , good to hear all is good man. Hope you get back in the saddle in "good" time
man.

Old 06-05-2011, 06:47 PM

Thanks guys. Ooooh, I will get back in the saddle again in time. I want to make sure I do this just right by taking it slow.

Old 06-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, taking it slow is probably a good idea, Joel.
Glad to hear you're making progress.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's good to hear that everything is going well, and that you're being sensible about taking it slow! There's plenty of time to ride when you're 100%.

Enjoy the rub downs...maybe you could keep having them long after you're better? Try 'preventative maintenance' as an excuse..er..reason.

Quick Reply: I Survived