The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Hot weather riding gear?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I do any of that BS now, at my age, my bones will convert to powder.

Old 12-05-2009, 12:01 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
I have managed that many times on dirt bikes ...... but every time I have gone **** up on road bikes at speed , I wind up doing the old face first , head , bum , back then over to face first high speed roll thing .... it's very disturbing to roll a million times then not know which way is actually up .... LOL

*did anyone get the rego number of that bloody stupid bus * lol
What's that I hear
ROAD, SKY, PAVEMENT, SKY, BUSHES, SKY, AMBULANCE......:EEK:

Old 12-06-2009, 09:06 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by davethepom
I agree with you Dylan, I'm a real big fan of leather ...I mean bike gear you sickos...mostly . I'll check out the Motodry and see what it's made of as I've heard about synthetic stuff melting into your skin before.
My brother works with a guy who went sliding down the road for some reason. The guy got some very nasty burns on his arms. His leathers looked fine with the exceptions of some skid marks. His doctor told him that he sees this a lot. Cheap designer leathers not made for ridding vibrate between the road and the body. It is thin and not tight to the body. They vibtate at an ultra or high frequency creating intense heat. My brother's coworker said that he would have been better off without anything on his arms, that's how bad he got burned.

I have often heard that ridding gear should fit like an extra layer of skin (tight). I guess that is why.

Old 12-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Took a spin to the nearest decent bike shop (250km round trip..some awesome corners and open straights ), ended up with the Motodry Stealth airmesh jacket. Comparatively cool, some crash protection..better than none. Still, I agree that not crashing is the best bet! On the way to the bike shop I saw two near crashes evolving in front of me and backed off to let them get on with it. This morning, 200m from work somebody backed out of a driveway in front of me without even slowing down. I was onto it though and just rode past shaking my head. I don't even bother flipping the finger these days..I'd get RSI from over use...Oh yeah, a 'roo ran across the road in front of me this morning too! You've just got to love it haven't you?

Dylan..got the dish washer in no worries, think I'm in the good books

Old 12-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds great Dave .......got a pic of that mesh jacket ........

Last edited by Sprock; 12-06-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice jacket Steve ..........thanks for the second ........yer SIG looks great

Old 12-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sprock
Sounds great Dave .......got a pic of that mesh jacket .........as for the RSI good thinking
too........ya know now that I think about that and since you mention Trout I seem to
remember he was complaining of some five fingered RSI himself there at one point.
I'll put up a pic of the jacket later. Wore it to work this morning and the breeze through it was spot on for Summer riding. Still just plain hot in the afternoon though, but with mid 30s that's unavoidable. As to your second comment, we've all been 14 too haven't we??

Steve. Still... a bit close for comfort mate!

Last edited by davethepom; 12-06-2009 at 06:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Hot weather riding gear?