The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Help Needed From Fellow UK residents!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 07:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help Needed From Fellow UK residents!

Okay here.s the deal.

Found a dealer, he sells bolt kits for cbr 1000f 280 pc set.

280 Qty STAINLESS ALLEN BOLTS KIT HONDA CBR 1000F | eBay

I wrote to this guy a week ago asking if he could ship these bolts to finland.
No answere!

Then found by fellow forum-mate other set of bolts for vf 1000f 580 pc set from the same seller and he sends internationally.

560 qty STAINLESS ALLEN BOLT KIT HONDA VF 1000 F F2 R | eBay

So I sent an email asking why he sends one product and not the other. But still no answer.

Now the list time is too close by. Only 3 days left!

I am wondering if there could be one good english mate from this forum who could order them and then send them to me.

Pm me if you CAN help me!

Thanks a ton!

MissyN.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:42 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

What's your plan with them? I personally wouldn't start changing out nuts and bolts that haven't caused any problems for 20 years. After changing them I think I'd be hesitant to go for a long ride until they proved themselves not to loosens. Also most of them are under plastic and can't be seen.

I'd go with them in a flash if I were building a fighter.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:01 AM

Since my cbr has had around 7 ish owners it has done lot of crashing. And some "Smartypants" have lost around 30 to 40 % of bolts under fairings and replaced them with wrong sizes. And another bigger % are bolts with heads screwed off and rusted into tubes.
All of it makes taking her open really annoying and hurting my head. I have drilled out 4 bolts from fairings... :/ will see. I am not gonna change 100% but some for sure.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:26 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I can see your point now. My DRz400 had a lot of bolts removed and put back in the wrong place when I got it. Some "Smartypants" figured that a 10mm bolt is a 10mm bolt regardless of length, not to mention the spacers for the plastic can be readily switched out with any washer with that holes size. I had to hunt all over the bike to find the spacers that were acting as washers, requiring a longer bolt. On the other hand, where the spacers were needed, washers were in their place.

I had to replace the rear bearings because the same "Smartypants" had replaced them and put the seals in backwards.

So, sometimes it's good to start from scratch. Good luck!

Old 01-16-2013, 09:37 AM

I ve had it now 11 months. And in time have gained a lot of knowledge about my bike and how things should be. Seems that my motor has been in repair unknown how many times. And the side motor cover is leaking oil badly. Someone has over screwed the twist in one bolt. So I am making new seal to it and trying to figure out what to do with the empty hole where is a healthy bolt in not so healthy hole.
also I found out that lets say 70 % of my fairings are not original ones. And having trouble fitting the seat with tank and fairings dont fit and oh god the list goes on and on.. But by this summer I have to say shes gonna be quite shabby old gal

Old 01-16-2013, 10:15 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Missynet
Someone has over screwed the twist in one bolt. So I am making new seal to it and trying to figure out what to do with the empty hole where is a healthy bolt in not so healthy hole.
Would there be enough metal around that hole to drill it to oversize and put a helicoil insert in there?

Old 01-16-2013, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Mattson
Would there be enough metal around that hole to drill it to oversize and put a helicoil insert in there?
I m not very sure about the size.. I have thought about the helicoil but still havent measured it jet. I want to change some parts and put them to run and test new parts with old oil. Fluid change is gonna be one of the last things and in between there also pain in my **** the leak...

Old 01-16-2013, 10:55 AM

I have received a helpful hand. Thank you all for your attention! Just Must Love This Place! www.cbrforum.com

Old 01-16-2013, 10:57 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts