The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Harley Harrassment

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 06:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley Harrassment

rnMan...Ive only just started checking Martin Harley Band out...but Im ****en lovin it bro
n
nHow comes I havent heard this before??? Thanks dude rn

Old 08-31-2009, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by hawkwind
might get my missus on the back more often

Mind you I'm not sure how long the Road star would look like that if I had it , lots of chrome to polish!
Thanks, but first, eveything looks better in pictures, and second, you will notice the distinct lack of a biotch seat on the Roadie. TOWMBO is petrified of bikes. Won't get near one.

Last edited by JHouse; 08-31-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:10 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife doesn't particularly like bikes, either...
I thought about getting a cruiser.....something with a big backseat and maybe a rest so she'd be more interested, but I don't think it would make much of a difference. She's just not that into it...

Old 08-31-2009, 02:58 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah Joe , it wasn't untill I posted up , that I noticed it only had one seat

Looks very nice in the pics though , in fact they both do , I'll be getting 'bike envy'

Old 08-31-2009, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
My wife doesn't particularly like bikes, either...
I thought about getting a cruiser.....something with a big backseat and maybe a rest so she'd be more interested, but I don't think it would make much of a difference. She's just not that into it...
I have the big passenger pad and backrest and it was just extra weight and ugly. If I'm going to be alone I might as well look good. At least the bike looks svelt.

Old 09-20-2009, 11:07 AM
Administrator - Retired

I hate to pop this one up, but I had an interesting Harley Experience on my ride to work today and I had to say something.

As I was approaching a main intersection this morning, I saw a group of about 50-60 HD riders coming from the left. I (like the nice guy that I am ) blocked the intersection from my side to let them all get through the light together safely. The tail guy from the group blocked the oncoming traffic, and then gave me a little wave and nod of approval for helping them out.
Well, after everyone was through the light (and mine was now red again), their tail guy signaled for me to join up with them, which I did.
A couple of them even waved when I turned off a few miles up the road.

I thought the whole thing was kinda cool, really. So there were like 50 HD's in a gang (matching vests and everything) and then a lone CBR near the back of the pack... LOL...

+1

Old 09-20-2009, 12:40 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey some HD riders that aint jerks! That's good Dylan , glad to hear it

Reminds me the other day I was out riding locally up this big hill that leads to a busy roundabout , at the bottom of the hill there was a police bike with his lights flashing at the side of the road . I go about my business and ride legally up the hill and there at the roundabout is another police bike stopped at the roundabout with his lights flashing . I pull up alongside waiting to filter into the roundabout system , but it's very busy and there's no space . So this Cop pulls out into the roundabout to stop traffic and lets me go!

I like to think he was doing it for a fellow biker , truth is he probably got a call that some important guy was on the way and to get rid of any traffic in the way

I like the first idea best..........but then I am pretty important

Last edited by hawkwind; 09-20-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:47 PM

That's a great story Trout. I rode my non-HD cruiser to work today, and it felt good, and now I don't even have to feel guilty.

Old 09-20-2009, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by chainstretcher
And you're right about the stealership peeps ... maybe it's just a few and the rest are butt wipes like at the Japanese megacyclestores.
The local Harley dealer is so hated that people routinely ride 300km to get their bikes serviced in another city.

A lot of Harley riders here are dumbass badass-wannabes, but a lot aren't. Most will wave back when I give them the lowhand . . . even when I'm riding my gf's bright blue ZZR250 And she's also a Harley gal; her other bike is a Sportster 1200.

We did the Salvation Army Toy Run last weekend, the segregation was kind of amusing. We got there a bit early to look at all the bikes, it was all Harleys and other cruisers except for 3 crotchrockets and the ZZR I was riding (my CBR is retired for the season, needs work). . . and a group of Vespas all huddled together off to the side. Right before we started out a bunch of sportbikes arrived just in time to form up. I guess they didn't feel safe hanging out with 400 Harley guys beforehand.

My gf and I were the only mixed Harley/sportbike pair. And the guy who got the most attention of the entire group was on a bicycle with a 49cc engine kit, painted flat black with a skull on the gas tank. I think he had more fun than everyone else put together

Old 09-20-2009, 03:37 PM

Pretty kool Trout!

We have a mixed bag around here. Some HD riders are friendly, down to earth people, always wave, speak at the gas stations, etc. We also have a bunch of d-bag HD riders. Travel in packs, don't wave or give the 1-finger salute as you pass, like to act bad assed towards non-HD riders. I figure they're trying to impress prospective boyfriends or are in competition for pivot man in the daily circle jerk.

I make sure to honk and wave when I see them broke down on the side of the road. Just trying to be friendly you know.

Quick Reply: Harley Harrassment