The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Happy 4th July (belated)

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009 | 10:52 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012

It's is indeed a classic worthy of such resussitation.........!

So stick with there ...........I hear those banjo's calling ya

Shoot a pic up ....... I want to see how stubborn ya are wit
this one

Last edited by Sprock; 07-06-2009 at 10:54 AM. Reason: pic
Old 07-06-2009 | 12:19 PM
Administrator - Retired

Stubborn as a mule, I am..
I'll have to get a couple pics up... but it aint real pretty..

Old 07-06-2009 | 07:35 PM
Administrator - Retired

Well, I popped in the new rotor after work.... and we have liftoff!!
Old girl fired right up, and purrs like a kitten..

I could only bask in the glory for about 10secs, though, because I have to get fresh fluids in her. It was still a wonderful experience, though.

Here are a couple of pics (don't laugh!!...it's a work in progress)

I bought this car in 1998 (i think) with like 69kmiles. It has over 200k on it now, and this is the 3rd motor that I've done. We've been through quite a lot together and it's only left me sitting 3 times. Once a coil, once a burnt crank, and then this last combo punch. It's been sitting for well over 3yrs. I was in the process of fixing it up at a guys garage, and he completely robbed me. He stole my money, one of my motors, my tools, my welder, a body kit, and several other things. I stopped by his house one day and he was GONE. What's worse is that he tried to call the cops on me for trespassing after I picked up my car. I explained everything to the police, and they apologized and dropped the charges. He took about $5k worth of my money/stuff, and then tried to get me in trouble after the fact.... for NO REASON. Absolute POS. I did nothing but help this a-hole.
Anyway, sorry for the rant....

Here she is (like I said.. this is straight plucked from an almost 4yr sleep in the weeds):

Name:  IMG_0627.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  114.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0632.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  129.1 KB

Old 07-06-2009 | 11:44 PM
Administrator - Retired

Thanks, steve!

Nope this one will be around a while, I think...
Motor only has maybe 25k miles on it, along with a new LSD trans.
I've gotta strip, prep, and paint it (cobalt blue metallic?)... and tear out the carpet (I'm thinking about rubberizing the floorboards... but maybe just re-carpeting)
I have a new header, shocks, springs, headlights, tail lights, etc. from way back.
I used to have a real nice set of 17" ADR rims/tires, too. They were one of the only things I recovered from getting ripped off.
They got stolen from my backyard a couple months afterwards... separate incidents (wtf is wrong with people?)

I love the way this little car handles. No power steering, decent suspension, and light.
I like the way you shift after the needle on the stock tach disappears into the dash..
It's just a fun little car...

Old 07-07-2009 | 08:38 AM

Hell yeah Dylan............you the man. She's awesome. New fluids and quick paint
job in that Cobalt color an' a nice set of rims ..........man she'll be good to go.

Hows the inside ?

Let me know if A Hole ever goes north ..........he'll get a taste of some northern hospitality courtesy of BushMaster, Windham, MAINE

Get some NRA stickers for your place..........that'll keep the thieving varmints away.

I've a few suspects near my place and make sure they see my "gear" when I bring it
in from the car................works good !

Last edited by Sprock; 07-07-2009 at 08:43 AM. Reason: added
Old 07-07-2009 | 01:22 PM
Administrator - Retired

Ha ha.. thanks sprock.

I've actually never had anything stolen from this house. I just bought it Dec. '07, though. Everything was taken from either my dad's house (where I used to store some stuff) or from that a-holes garage.
I have a Glock sticker on the front door, and a "Protected by Smith & Wesson" sticker on the back. I pity the fool that tries to break in here. I also have 2 dogs. The dogs would be followed closely by 8rnds of 00 buckshot from my LAPD Ithaca. If I run that dry, it's the Colt 6721 (or the bushy...either way)

The inside of the car is a mess. I mean, nothing is really broken... but new carpet is a must... and I'm gonna have to pull the seats apart, wash the covers and wash the foam. I'm gonna start this evening.
Then I'm gonna have to start prepping for paint.. gawd that's gonna suck.... the other side has a couple little dents, and a little rust hole on the rear quarter. I've got bondo and a nice Hobart MIG, though...

Old 07-07-2009 | 03:57 PM
Cool

There ya go Bud ...........mig it up good smooth it over
with Bondo, tape it off and goes nuts with a sander.....
keep a good supply of refreshments, prepping for paint
is one good work out and a thirsty job. I used to do it
a while back........taping chit off drove me nuts ..suck
job. Liked shooting the gun though. Deep Cobalt flek will
look the nuts !

Old 07-07-2009 | 10:38 PM
Administrator - Retired

Ha ha... yep, it's a bitch of a job...
You can tape for HOURS and still not get it quite right.. (especially if you're drunk by hour #2, and start taping off the wrong chit...)

Oh, btw... I just got back from a trip up north.. I found a guy selling some newer Si alloy rims and tires off a 2000. I snapped 'em up to replace the chitty steelies on the old girl. The tires are almost brand new, and the guy only wanted $200 for the set. He just put the ad in late last night, and he got 2 calls about them while we were talking...
I always liked the idea of using later wheels off the same model... if they look ok.
They look exactly like the one's on this older CRX (except mine have the Honda "H" center caps)
I think they look pretty good. A good bit better than the stock steel ones, anyway...
Name:  LSvtec004.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  168.0 KB