The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Got the Urge to buy tools

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 06:17 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

OK I have a few tool boxes laying around the garage. I finally got a big stand up kind. Now I threw away two tool boxes and have picked up all the tools laying around the garage and out of the tool cabinet. I went with Kobalt. I didn't realize I had so many tools....

Old 07-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Well done Indy.

I did that a few years back when or Gubbmint were trying to off-set the GFC by handing out $900 AUD to us poor unfortunate financially straitened plebians.

Straight to the tool supplier and a big, 11 drawer top toolbox on a 7 drawer roller bottom box. (you can see it in the background of the pic of Naga and myself in the ' it's a question of balance' thread.)

Thank you Mr KRudd!

As for tool numbers - filled mine in the first hour of collecting/sorting tools lying around the shed where I finished that last job - and the one before that - and the one before that. So I understand your astonishment.

Now, if I need that rotary, shifting metric flubberdubber, I know it's in the 3rd drawer down in the bottom box.............next to the hammerator

Cheers, SB

Old 07-23-2012, 11:11 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Heh, I feel you! Don't have one of those boxes, although am gonna get one, with a lock, to get my tools stored safely in our new truck depot we are moving in this fall, but I did a very thorough two day clean-up in my garage last weekend, throwing every tool I could find in a shopping basket I had lying around. when I was done I was watching a huge pile of precision machined metal bits with a small corner of the basket sticking out of it... Gotta sort them back into the tool wall next weekend. BTW, do you know what is the best way to locate every single 12 and 14mm wrench you've ever owned and a few you didn't know you had? Look for a 13...

Old 07-24-2012, 04:17 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice tool chest Indy. I have one made by Kinchrome. Its not as big as that but I get the majority of my tools in it. I bought a large tool box a couple weeks back and put all of my bike specific tools in it under lock and key. Things like, Carbtune, torque wrenches, compression tester, Mityvac brake bleeder, Mityvac radiator pressure tester, 27mm socket, 18mm spark plug socket, fuel hose clamps, vernier caliper, brake pad spreader, 10 and 12mm thread chasers and my wheel bearing puller. It all fits very nicely, and are in one place.