F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Urge to get another bike?@#$

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 03:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Urge to get another bike?@#$

Had my 05 f4i for 3500 miles or so. Love everything about the bike. down to exhaust sound (even with stock pipe!) Main use is to ride canyons and it's been great!! But lately, I've been thinking about selling it for another bike like 954, 600RR or 1000RR.

I know there are not much differences in performance unless you go to track. Pretty much depend on rider skill if I wanna go faster, like i couldn't keep up with some old guy on old cruiser type one day (damn!) It's mainly the looks of bike I guess. Do any of you ever felt like this before? BTW, a honda stealer said he'd give 5k for my f4i, no fxxxx way!!

Old 01-25-2006, 03:33 AM
Default RE: Urge to get another bike?@#$

To be honest, I like the looks of the F4i as much as any of the other bikes you mentioned. The F4i is plenty fast enough even at the track. A friend of mine rides an F4i in WERA Endurance! That's all I need to know. Keep it and know you have one of the best bikes around.

Old 01-25-2006, 05:31 AM

I also have this urge. The f4i just doesnt do it for me. If you dont like it and dont think its fast enough or performs well enough for you than get something else. Dont let someone tell you thats its "fast enough" when it is only fast enough for them. Obviously the F4i aint fast enough otherwise everyone would be riding one. The style is also pretty dated (the headlights are massive) but most casual observers probably wouldnt be able to tell the difference and would think its a brand new design. But I think it is human nature to want the best possible product for themselves. Some people, like me, just want the best stuff even if its not necessary. I would get a new 1000 in a heartbeat except I am running into trouble selling my '01. The only offer I have received was for 3k plus some car audio crap. Cars suck and that price is too low for me. I'm not gonna get another 600 cus I am pretty sure that would bore me after about 2 months just like the f4i did. But the 600RR would definately be an improvement, especially the '05 or above. I just dont think it will be that much of an improvement. You could always get one and sell it if you dont like it. Life will go on and you really wont lose that much money in the process.

Old 01-25-2006, 11:23 AM
Banned

When I bought my bike the dealer said that the average new motorcycle is owned 3 years before it is sold/traded. So even though it is a little soon, it makes sense that you want something new. IT is only an object, don't feel guilty about wanting to change it. As far as the F4i not being fast enough I find it scary fast as it is, but I'm still a noob, I'm sure a better rider than me (and most of you are) would want more and more and more until they have a hayabusa powered GSXR600 with a 50 shot of nitrous.

But the depreciation isn't that bad $3500 in a year (a dollar a mile), I had a BMW 5 series that depreciated $23,000 in 3 years, needless to say I kept it 8 more years than that. Get what you want and have fun, life is too short not to get the right toy.

Old 01-25-2006, 01:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mang...listen to lone mang...he said he likes the looks of the newer bikes...so be it, he didn't say nothing about fast enough, performance, etc...
cause in reality, very few ride the bike hardcore enough to come close to its capability.

now if you want another bike get it, and if mawfaki gives you 5K for your F4i, DOPE...but beware, he may not come down on the price of the new one.

as far as the comment that if F4i was so fast then everyone would get one, it's not that much off than the 600RR and some of the other new bikes. but if you were hardcore canyon carver and lots of twist experience under your belt, you'd know that...and you know that the rider will dictate how well a bike does to a certain point, but the majority of it is on the rider...and not on the bike.

oh yea, my f4i has all mods geared for the track, soon it will be a track only bike...as of now, i smoke all types of Rs...whether it be GXSR, double R's, etc...

why? experience and BALLZ MANG!

Old 01-25-2006, 01:29 PM

Of course...the banana seat bothers me...but again....I gave the bike character...I can always change it....I know what your saying though.

Old 01-25-2006, 03:28 PM

as far as the comment that if F4i was so fast then everyone would get one, it's not that much off than the 600RR and some of the other new bikes. but if you were hardcore canyon carver and lots of twist experience under your belt, you'd know that...and you know that the rider will dictate how well a bike does to a certain point, but the majority of it is on the rider...and not on the bike. Oh yea, my f4i has all mods geared for the track, soon it will be a track only ike...as of now, i smoke all types of Rs...whether it be GXSR, double R's, etc...
+1000[sm=hail.gif]

Old 01-25-2006, 03:32 PM

I want a 600RR. Just for the styling, under tail exhaust, and the name. It's like having a Z28 compared to an SS. You just want the SS, even though the Z28 is just as fast

Old 01-25-2006, 03:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 01600F4i

I want a 600RR. Just for the styling, under tail exhaust, and the name. It's like having a Z28 compared to an SS. You just want the SS, even though the Z28 is just as fast
BUAHAHHAHHA...VERY WELL SAID...

Old 01-25-2006, 05:19 PM

thanks all for your comment! i feel much better now (like sedated?) figure i wait till 07 for new honda lines, then get something. my bro in law works for one in Japan so maybe get inside info if i can. meanwhile try not to stare at banana seat. but that yellow/blue 954 on top of this page reminds me of a goldfish belly f4i! but i love it's performance and enjoy every minutes of riding it!! sorry for bitchin'!!

Quick Reply: Urge to get another bike?@#$