The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

The Gods of Speed were not smiling at me yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 04:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Interesting....Both officers hit you within 15 minutes of each other & the 2 ticket numbers are 106 tickets from each other which means they obviously work very close with each other. Therefor the first one probably called ahead to his buddy (speed trap) to let him know to watch for you when he released you. Something to think about!

Old 11-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Az1kF
Therefor the first one probably called ahead to his buddy (speed trap) to let him know to watch for you when he released you. Something to think about!
Never really been that big on conspiracy theories myself but what you say certainly makes sense. But surely they have better things to do than to pull me over purely for the amusement of my wife.

Maybe it's all part of a bigger picture; maybe what they're really worried about is "Excessive contributions to greenhouse gas emissions" .

And if that's what it's about gentlemen none of us will ever sit safely on our toilets again.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a real p!sser TK but at least the missus got a good laugh. I'd say you might be hearing about this for a fair while yet? I wonder which is the most dangerous; Doing 15kph over the limit or constantly looking away from the road to check the speedo? I was doing that speed just after I clicked into second gear this morning.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, if you think about it, the ticket pads are 1 pad apart. End of the month revenue catcher. It's never fun getting a ticket or 2. Sorry this happened to you TK. Make sure you wear your seat belt next time you ride the toilet.

Originally Posted by kiwi TK
Never really been that big on conspiracy theories myself but what you say certainly makes sense.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:26 PM

Lucky you didn't go out on your bike, could have been three!!!!!

Old 11-22-2010, 11:48 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Geez, our national highway limit is 120KPH, and we get leeway to 130KPH (it's still not enough)
The speed you were doing, every bike above a 125cc would have passed you, here in SA and given you funny looks, like "I wonder what his problem is ? Maybe running out of gas or overheatin ? "

I'd have sent some doughnuts with "brooklax" in them down to the local copshop. Then they could take some **** instead of handing it out all the time.............
Bad luck Kiwi - I know the feeling - my last was at 152KPH in a 120 zone - cost me equivalent of Nz$200. We don't have a points system yet.............just as well

Old 11-23-2010, 05:23 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shadow I've just remembered a couple of things

1) The speed limit here used to 110 k but they knocked it back to 80 k during a 'fuel crisis' in the 70's but everyone just ignored that so it was put back up (but only to 100 k). I'd completely forgotten about that lost 10 k. So over the past 20 to 30 years roads and cars have all moved on hugely and I guess so has the income from speeding fines.

2) (Hijacking my own thread here, I guess that's allowed) One of the most fun cars I have ever owned was a South African only model Ford Cortina with a 3L V6. Apparently just the goods for cruising across the velds. Was a private import into NZ and it would do the most impressive smokies known to mankind. Huge fun, but I was irresponsible back then and now I'm not. Sort of.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:44 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

Used to drive the old 3 litre Ford Capri myself many years ago Kiwi, not the Cortina I know, but must have been very similar.

Ahhhhhhhhh those were the days ..........Christ! You know I think it must be 30 years ago How time flies

Old 11-23-2010, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Shadow
my last was at 152KPH in a 120 zone - cost me equivalent of Nz$200. We don't have a points system yet.............just as well
No points system? Lucky you! You'd just about make the news here for 152kph...

Old 11-23-2010, 10:35 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The old 3L Cortina was a good wagon - I had one for a couple of years, and it pulled like a train. Best of the bunch was the Basil Green Perana with a 5L V8 - dayum that thing was wicked !!!
Old story was

1 litre of brandy
2 litres of Coke
3 litres of Cortina

Oh and Dave, to hit the news here you need to be doing around 220KPH +. Anything less is just................yawn........hehe. Best we've had was around 280K on a Busa. That was expensive.......

Quick Reply: The Gods of Speed were not smiling at me yesterday