The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Don't you just love

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 06:28 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Don't you just love

Having a bit of a rant here , but don't you just love the way on-coming car drivers see you only have two wheels and so think they deserve half of your side of the road?
Also there's a narrow bridge at the bottom of a hill near where I live that is a single lane . Coming down the hill traffic has right of way so I should be clear to go yeah? No chance the ******* always try to squeeze through coming the other way even though they're looking right at you!

Here's a piccy of the bridge I found on google maps.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hawkwind
Having a bit of a rant here , but don't you just love the way on-coming car drivers see you only have two wheels and so think they deserve half of your side of the road?
Also there's a narrow bridge at the bottom of a hill near where I live that is a single lane . Coming down the hill traffic has right of way so I should be clear to go yeah? No chance the ******* always try to squeeze through coming the other way even though they're looking right at you!

Here's a piccy of the bridge I found on google maps.

This is why it's a great idea to keep a few eggs in your tankbag...

Inconsiderate drivers deserve to be 'ride-by BOMBED!'

Old 04-22-2009, 08:11 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've only had a few people take advantage of my lane. But yeah, it's pretty upsetting. I hate it when they try to pass, but instead of getting all the way over, they think they don't have to, and crowd you out. I noticed this a few years ago when I started riding.

I have a similar bridge not far from my house. What makes it worse is that one end of the bridge is a 90 degree turn coming into it. Everybody just hits the horn and enters REALLY slow. Never had anybody try and squeeze through with me, though. I would flip out on them if they tried it.

People are generally pigs when it comes to sharing the road with us bikers.
One time last summer, some a-hole decided to pull up to their mailbox, and then do a 3pt turn to back into their driveway. It was a really dangerous spot, right on a hill. I was cruising, but stopped with plenty of time. I hit the horn, just to say "WTF!?" and let them know they were being unsafe. Well, another guy that was stopped in the other lane must have been friends with the guy I honked at, so he honked back and then charged me!! He freakin' came right over the line, full throttle right at me. I swerved and missed him by about 6inches! I was soooo pi$$ed. I seriously thought he was gonna hit me. He tried. Absolutely crazy.

Gotta watch your *** out there.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:21 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mr Trout , that really sucks!! At least where I live it's because of a lack of space , it's pretty built up around here so lots of parked cars on the road , 'you gotta fight for your right to party'

Nevada , I think the guys built that bridge are long buried , probably pre-dates the Victorian era , they were only expecting the occasional horse and cart

Old 04-23-2009, 09:01 AM
Administrator - Retired

There is no doubt that we will meet again.
At the moment, I was a little more worried about getting run over than I was about beating his a$$. It was about 10mins later that my blood was really boiling. He had another guy with him, but that wouldn't have mattered. He's the next door neighbor of the guy getting his mail. I know where he lives and what he drives.
I won't do anything to him, though....
BTW, I like how the nevada police operate, buddy...

Steve, you're absolutely right. You gotta be on guard at all times, and just figure that their all out to get you. It's the only way.
I also had some kids last year that decided to break check me, and then turn on their back window wiper to be funny. I wasn't laughing then, either. They went out of their way to do it. I was several seconds behind them, and only going about 40mph. Bunch of idiots thinking their funny with their friends.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not that I recommend it to anyone. but i used to always keep a few 1/2" ball bearings with me specifically for their windshields after I get back in front of the bastard that screwed me. Just enough to crack it and really **** them off...and I know they cant catch me.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Administrator - Retired

Not a bad idea, red, but knowing my luck I'd spill them and take myself out somehow...