The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

desperatly need a man cave

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 02:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lowcel
A picture of my fish room. Closest thing I have to a man cave.

Love the random pistol sitting on the love seat lol

Old 01-21-2014, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Chippy211
I'm home until the 5th Feb so anytime between now and then is not a problem. I'm then back from the rig again on the 20th Feb and home for another 20 days so anytime. Most of those jobs you need to do I've just done after stripping my bike down. The only ones that I havent is the carb balancing and the bar risers.

As for the seat, I'm off to see the upholsterer tomorrow so hopefully it will be sorted soon.

You are more than welcome Dave you could even use my home made bench. My bike should be back together in the next couple of days but there is still plenty of room if you need it.
How long did it take to swap the shock out? Ive never done it before. If I could get that done that would be a massive step foward. Ive even considered taking it in and getting the shock and rubbers fitted just for speed as the shock is "shocking" Your offer looks great, some beer involved Im sure

Old 01-21-2014, 05:31 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

There is always beer involved - why did you even need to say that?

Old 01-21-2014, 03:35 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lowcel
A picture of my fish room. Closest thing I have to a man cave.

Well, if I were single . . .

Actually I did park my bike in the entryway one winter. That lasted a few weeks until I just had to hear it run. Just for a few moments. What's that they say about as few moments of pleasure and . . .?

Old 01-22-2014, 03:15 AM

The first time I swapped my shock it took about 2 hours but this time I striped the back end of the bike off and even then it's probably only a couple of hours wormk. Plus with 2 pairs of hands it will be much easier.

It wasn't easy fitting the swing arm and shock on together on my own but it still only took me an hour.

As for the beer I'll leave that up to you!!

Old 01-22-2014, 09:32 AM

The first time I swapped my shock it took about 2 hours but this time I striped the back end of the bike off and even then it's probably only a couple of hours wormk. Plus with 2 pairs of hands it will be much easier.

It wasn't easy fitting the swing arm and shock on together on my own but it still only took me an hour.

As for the beer I'll leave that up to you!!
PM sent cheers..

Old 02-01-2014, 11:47 AM
Default Chippys a star

Not only did he lend me his man cave he basically did all the work, made the coffee and kept me amused whilst I fussed the cat and his nice shiney CBR got wet outside in the rain.

One day hopefully Ill get the chance to re pay him, Im hoping Ive made a good friend there.

So cush rubbers done (split O ring caused issues), hagon in and drove home through flooded roads.

Once the weather improves Ill change the cans and balance the carbs then in March she gets an MOT.

Cheers Chippy your a star a real biker.

Old 02-01-2014, 02:26 PM

It was a pleasure David and great to meet you. As you might have guessed I love working on the bikes

Did you notice any difference in the handling of the bike on your ride home?

If you need the man cave and me again just let me know, you will always be welcome.

Old 02-01-2014, 04:21 PM

It was a pleasure David and great to meet you. As you might have guessed I love working on the bikes

Did you notice any difference in the handling of the bike on your ride home?

If you need the man cave and me again just let me know, you will always be welcome.
The rain was that bad (I rode through two flooded roads) the suspension didn't get a workout at all so Ill let you know when I get a semi decent day, but Im sure shes sitting higher, the gear changes and accelerating was smoooooooooth so the cush rubbers were definitely on their way out. (lets not mention the O ring/spacer debacle , Ill smile about that prolonged swearing session for a few years) so I reckon its a job well done.

100% endorsement to the power of the forum, the power of bikers helping bikers and the love of CBR's.

Old 02-01-2014, 09:38 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

You're a good man Chippy, always nice to see guy's helping each other out.

Quick Reply: desperatly need a man cave