Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Brilliant!

Great find Woof, thanks for sharing.

I'll be showing Mrs SB 2.0 this later tonight

Cheers, SB

Old 09-23-2015, 04:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Seb
Like me, you have seen the original that Burt used for the runs. Nowhere near as plush and sophistocated as that example but the recognition is awesome.
Amazing what the old fella was able to achieve when you see how the original was cobbled together from bits and pieces.
The movie "The Worlds Fastest Indian" is a must watch for anyone interested in the story of singleminded determination to reach a goal.

Old 09-23-2015, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Indeed JK, and I heartily agree with your recommendation of 'The World's fastest Indian" I watch it at least once a year.

The real deal - Burt Munro's World's Fastest Indian - sans bodywork - with Neville Hayes of E Hayes and Sons at Invercargill, NZ. If ever you are visiting NZ, do not miss the opportunity to visit this hardware store. It is a motoring/motorcycling enthusiasts heaven.

Also a fantastic book to read, written by NZer Tim Hanna is
'One Good Run' 'One Good Run'
on the life of Burt Munro. From memory Tim also explains how the World's Fastest Indian ended up in the hardware store. There is another bike in the US which the owner claims to be the original, but there is some dispute as Burt took one bike over, but bought the engine back each year to fettle for the following year. The US bike undoubtedly has some original parts, but how many?

Cheers, SB

Last edited by Sebastionbear1; 09-24-2015 at 05:06 PM. Reason: put in links to E Hayes Invercargill and Tim Hanna's book One Good Run
Old 09-24-2015, 12:03 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Wondered why there are so many box trolleys and a chainsaw in a museum

Cool tie.

Old 09-24-2015, 12:12 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So, what are the new Indians like? Is the best thing about them their advertising because that was a pretty cool ad.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for sharing! The World's Fastest... is one of those on my all time favorites which must be watched at least once or twice a year. Great to see some of the real history here.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:11 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

@ Jarvid.

The latest incarnation of Indian is now owned by Polaris, maker of Victory motorcycles. They're designing that line from the ground up but still rely heavily on the classic Indian Chief styling.

As cruisers go, I kinda' like them. Pricey buggers though

2016 Indian Motorcycles : Models

Old 09-29-2015, 11:47 AM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice video. The Worlds Fastest Indian is one of my favorites also. Even the wife, who isn't all that interested in motorcycles likes it. The film is really about the man, the bike is just an extra attraction.

I admire the man and what he accomplished.

Old 10-07-2015, 05:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep on ya Woof. I'm gonna go against the flow somewhat, yep not a bad bit of advertorial, but too melodramatic for my liking eh. Would've liked to have seen more of that machine. The ute is dam fine though

Quick Reply: cool video