The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Brakes for sale !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 06:21 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just had one of my random flashes of brilliance.

Now you can only use this when approaching pedestrian crossings, OK?

Attached Thumbnails Brakes for sale !!!!-stock-photo-huge-boat-anchor-laying-against-stone-wall-ireland-136849.jpg  
Old 08-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cb2cbr
My suggestion for you however would be to glue a Plastic Jesus on the speedo and look for divine power when approaching those pesky intersections.
I really like this idea. It would have to be a big one so the folks would see you coming. I would suggest you have it facing forward also, it would heighten the experience.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:25 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Ultimate Halo Effect ......... nice one lol

Old 08-25-2011, 06:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris and Mark, this is exactly why the Nord Trip was such a success, team work. I like it, like it alot.

Old 09-11-2011, 03:45 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

See if you can get a cheap 2nd hand K.E.R.S. setup off the Redbull F1 team, I like the idea of using braking effect to store power for when you need it! And it doesn't create brake dust.

Old 09-11-2011, 06:05 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

K.E.R.S. - does anyone that's a not a total nerd understand how that works?

And if you do, can you please explain it in terms I might actually be able to understand?

Thanks in advance.

Old 09-11-2011, 07:16 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

K.E.R.S. Kinetic Energy Recovery System Uses magnets like extra brake calipers, as they engage they produce electricity like a generator, this electricity is stored and then somehow used for a power boost, not sure how it is used though, I am sure someone will have a better explanation. The same sort of system is used on some electric cars to charge batteries through braking.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:47 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ KERS made me think of something similar.... but opposite.

The Electric Retarder!!
We have them at work on heavy diesel trucks. Perfect for Steve and the 1000F beast. lol..

The electric retarder uses electromagnetic induction to provide a retardation force. An electric retardation unit can be placed on an axle, transmission, or driveline and consists of a rotor attached to the axle, transmission, or driveline - and a stator securely attached to the vehicle chassis. There are no contact surfaces between the rotor and stator, and no working fluid. When retardation is required, the electrical windings in the stator receive power from the vehicle battery, producing magnetic fields alternating in polarity for the rotor to move in. This induces eddy currents in the rotor, which slows the rotor, and hence the axle, transmission or driveshaft to which it is attached. The rotor is engineered to provide its own air cooling, so no load is placed on the vehicle's engine cooling system, and the operation of the system is extremely quiet.

Quick Reply: Brakes for sale !!!!