The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

2010 vfr1200

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 12:17 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

by then they'll (our Beautiful Machines) be worth a lot more than 3 k prob's more than one of these tarted up wannabees.

Only the silver and blue ones, Sprockie.......................

Old 07-31-2009, 08:41 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Shadow
Only the silver and blue ones, Sprockie.......................

How true Pete, that's an absolute fact and that's for sure

Hell I had someone her at work offer me 5k last week .....never happen
She's a part of my whole psychological profile now ............bit like the "BORG"
assimilation ...........I am the bike and the bike is me.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:32 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

From those photos it looks like Honda is planning on building a sport bike that will be of no use to the S/T world. It will have a sloping saddle of a sport bike that will give the most hardened rider a wedgie and rock-job. What’s with that flugly tag holder????

That’s a little guy in the first photo and he is doing a handstand on the bars. His feet are below his hips, bad news for mid to long rides. S/T-ing with 2-up looks like a no-go.

Honda has proven that you can bag the VFR for added $$$. I don’t think that this one will be any different, just more $$$ on top of the $$,$$$ purchase price.

When you come to think of it, we here in this thread are the target customers of Honda and I personally think that the bike pictured is more like an aborted sibling of the V-Max.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

I'm a fan of the VFR's. If I was in the market for a solo ST mount one of those R/W/B anniversary bikes would be a front runner. However I'm old school and like the idea of simple is better. I want to be able to work on my machine without buying a factory diagnostic computer when the Fuel injection burps.
Every now and then Honda and other machine builders feel the need to put their technical ability on display. This works for race machines because they are so focused and purpose built with unreal budgets. It doesn't always translate to the street. The 1979 CBX was way cool, 6 cyl, 4 cams, 24 valves...(Tim Taylor Grunting Sound). But it was a little pricey and didn't go as fast as some of the cheaper 4 cyl competition. They were giving them away to trade schools by 1982. In the early 90's Yamaha had their GTS1000 with the swingarm at both ends, Omega frame, 5 valve head, cats in the exhaust, etc. But it didn't do anything that much better and no one wanted to pay the hefty extra coin. It went away in two years.
So Honda, come speak to this "Focus Group". We want what works on the street and won't break our backs or checkbooks. It's gotta be real and hey can we move away from this all wedge-waspwaisted style? Update the CBR1000F, just don't forget it's mission.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by cb2cbr
However I'm old school and like the idea of simple is better. I want to be able to work on my machine without buying a factory diagnostic computer when the Fuel injection burps.
Every now and then Honda and other machine builders feel the need to put their technical ability on display.
I feel for you brother. I agree with everything you said.
At one time the 1kF was one of the fastest production bikes that the average Joe could afford. The top speed was around 165 mph (with carbs) and was comfortable to ride over the road for long distances. You could cut turns like a sport bike or you could take it easy while 2-up with a friend going for ice cream. It was a great bike in it's time. It sure would be nice to see it back in production with some upgrades like a shaft and a little more power to support the shaft but, that's about all it needs.

I think the GTS1000 was to head of it's time and that's what killed it. When a manufacture puts to many new ideas into a product, the public's opinion is to wait for someone else to get boned before the problems are solved before buying it themselves. What a shame it had to die in that way, no one was buying them.

Honda on the other hand had a good thing going with the 1kF. They upgraded it to the CBR1100xx and then abandoned it's purpose. The St1100 was OK for a light weight Goldwing. The ST1300 is a sad replacement for the ST1100. Honda is making cruisers, race ready bikes and GL's. They have nothing that trips my trigger now. How sad?

Hey! You know what would be great on that new VFR? Hubcaps that spin when you come to a stop..............

Attached Thumbnails 2010 vfr1200-126.jpg   2010 vfr1200-127.jpg   2010 vfr1200-128.jpg   2010 vfr1200-129.jpg  

Last edited by TimBucTwo; 08-02-2009 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Don't look here, the joke is in your hand.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:01 PM

Oddly enough, that's not a factory wind screen in the photos from my book.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:45 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

That touring version is just plain ugly and reminds me of some of the big scooters you get these days.

I've always liked the VFR , but it does sit in an odd position in the Honda line-up and as time has passed it's made less sense . But this touring version , WTF?? My favourite model was the 1991 VFR750fl , they're difficult to find and hold their price well 'cos people hang on to the good ones , enough said

Old 08-03-2009, 04:22 AM
October 2009 ROTM

I have been curious about the new VFR, but I don't have an opinion about it yet, after just seeing some pre-photos. I will wait 'til I see it in person before I throw chit at it. At least, it has what the old VFR lacks, power (but we haven't seen any official numbers yet...).

Old 08-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd have to agree that Honda needs to do something about their non-existent S/T lineup. I'd definately be on the list for a new bike like the 'Cane or bird.
I'm still interested to see (and more importantly ride) the new VFR to find out what it's all about.

You all are right about Honda dropping the ball as far as what they offer (although I don' think I'll sell all my HMC stock quite yet... )

Hey! You know what would be great on that new VFR? Hubcaps that spin when you come to a stop..............
Now you're just dreaming, TBT....

Quick Reply: 2010 vfr1200