How-To: Mechanical This section is ONLY for sharing step-by-step instructions on how you did a project. Please post tech related questions in "General Tech". Adherence to this policy will be strictly enforced by the staff ...

MF batteries...how to properly activate

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 03:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MF batteries...how to properly activate

Ok i know that many people are use to buying batteries for their cars. Pick one off the shelf and stick it in and drive off. You can't do that with motorcycle batteries. Some batteries are like those found at car places where they are pre-filled from the factory and only need to be brought to a full charge then installed. While others come to you dry and you have to add the acid to them. Now for those who have to add their own acid. Kawasaki Battery video recommends you add the acid and let the battery sit for 30 minutes uncapped, then sit for another 30 minutes with the battery caps just slightly on. Then after that last 30 minutes has passed, you are ready to charge your battery. You connect it to a charger that has the ability to reach 16.5 VDC in order to properly charge todays MF batteries. Once you have fully charged your battery you now complete it by installing the battery caps completely, and fully sealing the battery now. To not charge the battery prior to install will mean that your battery is only able to reach 80% capacity, and will prematurely fail on you. Also make sure to wipe off all traces of acid from battery, in order to prevent any acid damaged to frame or body work on bike. Well this is a small tip to help keep you from having to spend money on another battery because it wasn't set up right in the first place, and no one told you that you were suppose to do this before installing. I hope i was able to help

Old 03-02-2008, 03:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MF batteries...how to properly activate

thanks for the tip. This is very useful.