How-To: Mechanical This section is ONLY for sharing step-by-step instructions on how you did a project. Please post tech related questions in "General Tech". Adherence to this policy will be strictly enforced by the staff ...

How to Sync (02+ F4I) throttle bodies

Old 06-17-2007, 06:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Sync (02+ F4I) throttle bodies

2006 CBR600 F4I with 12220 miles on it.

Well i will start off saying I have never done this before so post some stuff up with some pointers or such. Before you start tune your Idle control to 1300+- RPMs

Tool:
HG Carb sync/throttle Sync
Philips head screwdriver
Asortment of sockets
and an Allen Wrench

Well first off you have 4 bolts holding the tank to the frame so unscrew those

After that you will have 2 Screws on the sides of the tank that will take the same size allen wrench as the fairings

After that you will be able to lift the tank off and pivot it back and tie it down to something here i used the sissy bar and the top of the tank.. Make sure you watch the hoses coming off the gas tank as some may come loose if you pull it back to far.

After that you will have 9 screws in holding the top of the air box on so use your phillips head and take all those out and dont forget to unplug that IAC Connector on the top.

Once that is off take out your filter (btw its a good time to replace it if you need to) and after that is out you will see your Velocity Stackes there and those have 3 screws each on them dont worry they are labeled by the middle screw if you mix them up. As soon as those are unscrewed you will have 3 hoses at the top of the air box you need to disconnect and 2 at the bottom simply use the metal crimps to shimy those off..

As soon as you have all those disconnected its time to disconnect those pesky ram air tubes at the top which are possibly glued in but a flat head screwdriver will pop those suckers off.

After everything is disconnected remember where they go and the bottom of the airbox will just pop off to reveal the Throttle body and your spark plugs if you need to change them BTW.

After that you will need to locate at the bottom of the TB which is towards the rear of the bike something that looks like Such. As you will need to hook your gauges up to these.. You wont have to hook them in order to your gauges but it does make it easier when tuning them in. So unplug the 4 from the sides and hook them to your hoses on your gauges

Now turn the bike on let it warm up a bit to 140-150ish and you will see the gauges jump up and hover where they are. Mine were at such.

Now since mine were in order we are looking at #1 far left to being the one we need to match the rest to.. The red ones are the sockets that you adjust to match to the green one on the left sitting on the bike.

And a Close up of those sockets to tune the cylinders green is the same color red is same as you can see #1 doesnt have one that is the one you need to get them to match to..

So adjusting those and matching them up to the first cylinder. Make sure they are really close if not dead on. I dont have any finished pictures of the gauges, but they were pretty darn close. The only problem i had is that the idle kept going up so id have to adjust the idle

Old 07-26-2010, 08:12 PM

there is 8 hoses going into the bottoms of the throttle bodies,. how do you know which 4? lol

Old 02-02-2013, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by SchiraF4I
2006 CBR600 F4I with 12220 miles on it.

Well i will start off saying I have never done this before so post some stuff up with some pointers or such. Before you start tune your Idle control to 1300+- RPMs

Tool:
HG Carb sync/throttle Sync
Philips head screwdriver
Asortment of sockets
and an Allen Wrench

Well first off you have 4 bolts holding the tank to the frame so unscrew those

After that you will have 2 Screws on the sides of the tank that will take the same size allen wrench as the fairings

After that you will be able to lift the tank off and pivot it back and tie it down to something here i used the sissy bar and the top of the tank.. Make sure you watch the hoses coming off the gas tank as some may come loose if you pull it back to far.

After that you will have 9 screws in holding the top of the air box on so use your phillips head and take all those out and dont forget to unplug that IAC Connector on the top.

Once that is off take out your filter (btw its a good time to replace it if you need to) and after that is out you will see your Velocity Stackes there and those have 3 screws each on them dont worry they are labeled by the middle screw if you mix them up. As soon as those are unscrewed you will have 3 hoses at the top of the air box you need to disconnect and 2 at the bottom simply use the metal crimps to shimy those off..

As soon as you have all those disconnected its time to disconnect those pesky ram air tubes at the top which are possibly glued in but a flat head screwdriver will pop those suckers off.

After everything is disconnected remember where they go and the bottom of the airbox will just pop off to reveal the Throttle body and your spark plugs if you need to change them BTW.

After that you will need to locate at the bottom of the TB which is towards the rear of the bike something that looks like Such. As you will need to hook your gauges up to these.. You wont have to hook them in order to your gauges but it does make it easier when tuning them in. So unplug the 4 from the sides and hook them to your hoses on your gauges

Now turn the bike on let it warm up a bit to 140-150ish and you will see the gauges jump up and hover where they are. Mine were at such.

Now since mine were in order we are looking at #1 far left to being the one we need to match the rest to.. The red ones are the sockets that you adjust to match to the green one on the left sitting on the bike.

And a Close up of those sockets to tune the cylinders green is the same color red is same as you can see #1 doesnt have one that is the one you need to get them to match to..

So adjusting those and matching them up to the first cylinder. Make sure they are really close if not dead on. I dont have any finished pictures of the gauges, but they were pretty darn close. The only problem i had is that the idle kept going up so id have to adjust the idle
Hi, what tool do you use to adjust this screws?
I tried deep socket, but the nut wont budge

Old 02-02-2013, 12:01 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

The OP hasn't logged in since 2008...

Old 02-12-2013, 05:18 AM

Done. I finally use 7mm flexible screwdriver