How-To: Mechanical This section is ONLY for sharing step-by-step instructions on how you did a project. Please post tech related questions in "General Tech". Adherence to this policy will be strictly enforced by the staff ...

how to battle proof your bike....

Old 12-02-2007, 08:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: how to battle proof your bike....

Name:  maxcbr.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  86.4 KB
That looks Fing sick man!! how much did it cost and how long did it take?
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:21 AM

We have a Trailer Mfg here in Albany, I got them to do it for $250. It has a 5 year warrenty also, so if I drop it and it scratches they will respray it! LOL!!! Thanks for the compliments, I want to get the rims and swingarm powder coated gloss black and then it will be complete!

I like the ole "Mad Max of Thunderdome" look! It turns heads at the bike nights!

Old 12-03-2007, 12:20 PM

looks like a definite must have on a street fighteror stunt bike. If it wasnt so textured or if they had one that was just clear i'd be very interested. Black isnt so bad but if it was any other color i dont think it would look right.

Old 12-03-2007, 04:17 PM

hey JonBrown.... what year is your bike?

Old 12-04-2007, 09:43 AM

ORIGINAL: bwesky

hey JonBrown.... what year is your bike?
That's actually my bike... JonBrown was posting it as a picture because all I knew how to do was add a link to it. It's an 06 though.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:53 PM

don't really know to describe it, but I like the way it looks.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:43 PM

sorry for the confusion but BaZook... do you think i could get rhinolining on it or not?
i want that paint!! lol
looks good yet again.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll pass. The one shown here doesnt look all that bad. But I seen one posted up elsewhere before that had alot more painted with that stuff than the fairings. It looks like POOP! Stuff adds weight too.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:58 PM

i really like thw look of it, i probably would only do tat to a bike if i bought a yellow bike. lol looks cool though

Old 12-06-2007, 08:07 AM

ORIGINAL: JonBrown

sorry for the confusion but BaZook... do you think i could get rhinolining on it or not?
i want that paint!! lol
looks good yet again.
Ok, first I would make sure that whatever liner you choose to go with (name brand) that it has a high gloss finish. This is not Rhinolining or Linex... It is called Durakote, you can get it in Black, Red, Yellow, Green I think.
Take all the fairings off the bike that you wish to spray. Remove decals and sand every piece with some fine grit sandpaper. To remove all dust I wiped each piece with Laquer Thinner. You will then need to spray each piece with Appliance Epoxy, you know the stuff you paint the stove and frig with? This can be found at any Home Depot or ACE Hardware. make sure you let it dry for at least 20-30 mins. Longer if you do it when it's colder, like it is now... Get a proffesional to apply the liner! This is some nasty crap when it is in liquid form! The guy was in a full astronaut suit that sprayed mine, LOL... Make sure to plug all holes that you wish to use again, I put bolts in mine. This stuff will need to dry overnight before you handle it. It is a rubber substance so keep that inmind. After we sprayed mine I hung them up in a corner of the shop and tried to forget about them for the remainder of the day. make sure compound is completely dry before putting plastics back on your bike and whalla! Oh, it did add weight, about 6 oz. Then I took my flapper out so it's a wash! LOL!!!

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...4/DSCN0876.jpg
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...4/DSCN0873.jpg
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...4/DSCN0880.jpg

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: how to battle proof your bike....