General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 07:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In your opinion

I wanted to get some feedback on my current question. When I bought my bike from the dealer I had the opportunity to add almost a grand to the finance amount to get the dealer's preferred maintenince plan. I only thought about it for a split second before I said that I didn't want to. For one, I really couldn't see paying interest on maintenance, and two I didn't really think that I was going to spend that much on maintenance. But talking to a few people that bought it, like my buddy for instance who just took his in for his 16k service, it took them like 4 hours and the did a **** load of work on it, so the out of pocket cost might have been up to 400 bucks. Thats when I really began to think about it and maybe I should have got it.. So i thoguht I'd ask to hear from some of you who might do all of your own maintenence. So far all i've done is change the oil in it.. what else might i be able to do on my own?? Thanks in advance for your input.

Old 09-17-2007, 07:44 PM
Default RE: In your opinion

i got it for my bike . but i do a hell of a lot of riding . i'v put 5k on my bike and i'v had it just a little over 2 months . if you ride alot then yes its worth it.. when i say i lot i mean a lot . if not then your probly better over doing it your self . i figured it out that if i did it my self i'd spend more on and stuff then what i would for them to do it

Old 09-17-2007, 07:59 PM

well you can do the work you can yourself and everything else have them do so you save some cash.i mean things like oil change, chain mait. coolant, you can do yurself...(i would assume).

Old 09-17-2007, 08:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When we got our last car (12 months ago) they tried to get us to get all sorts of stuff, which is really worthless & adds no value to it. They then hit you with the obligatory warrantee service schedules (read "authorised dealer") which is a scam in itself, get charged a **** load for minor sevicing, like changing the oil & filter. In the service book they have a check list of wot their supposed to do (as to wot they really do) They buy their oil bulk, but charge like it comes in corked bottles from France. As for you paying up front for this type of thing, I would still be looking at the fine print, I'm sure you will find things that they would still expect you to pay for, as well as things that fall out of the "Norm". $1000 U.S., would buy a nice set of tools, manual, filters, oil & the like (not to mention a decent night out on the ****) & still leave you with a chunk of change to get major servicing done by a decent shop (read: not a Honda dealer).I like doing as much work as I can on my bike, I know its been done & being masochistic, enjoy bleeding knuckles & ingrained grease & oil on my hands. I do however get the major stuff done by a shop, cos, well, I'm also lazy. But if your someone who clocks up serious miles, then think about getting the tools you do need to do the whole thing, then you would save some dough.