General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wtf the ignition s not connected

Old 08-22-2007, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wtf the ignition s not connected

ok so i bought a bike that a guy sold all the cosmetics to a friend . i posted pics of it in the f3 forum. so i am trying to get it running and it looks like the guy wasnt too careful in disassembling it. I realized the ignition wires are disconnected and im new to motorcycles so i dont know where they connect. i took pics of all the wires around there. there is one patch of wires and a box that is hanging in that area and im wondering is maybe thats it. any help at all is appreciated.. here are the ignition wires..

here are the wires with that box that are hanging in that area but they are bare wires

and here are some wires closer to the left side but have the same kind of attatchment as the ignition wires. the ones hanging down fromnmy hand not the big huge connect obviously lol

Old 08-22-2007, 02:59 PM
I ♥ CBRF
Default RE: wtf the ignition s not connected

1st pic looks like the Throttle cable (need a new one now).
2nd one looks like your headlight and turns
3rd pic(if im looking at this right) will connect to you clutch perch.
I dont see your ignition clip. But it should be pretty obvious. It really looks like the last guy had done some custom turns/lights or something because those wires do not look stock. I would try and locatea new upper harness that will have all these connections already. Goodluck.

Old 08-22-2007, 03:07 PM

where are the ignition switch wires then? those 2 first were the only wires that come from the switch area

Old 08-22-2007, 03:30 PM
I ♥ CBRF

Okay so the first pic is your starter switch not the actual ignition right? It looks like you throttle tube because the lines have that wire inside them which crimps when cut.There should be 2 wires running from the switch on your right handle barto your throttle body (thats your throttle). Then there should be some type of connection on that same switch that will connect your starterswitch to the main harness (i've got an F4i and been awhile since I replaced the right switch). Not much help I know but none of those wires look like they belong to the right switch.

Old 08-22-2007, 03:39 PM

i guess youre right because the switch works but it wont turn over even when i give it gas

Old 08-22-2007, 03:48 PM
I ♥ CBRF

Alright so your right switch is connected and your ignition is working (to some extent at least). I would get a new throttle cable and connect that. But for the time being you can try and manually give it gas by tracing that cut wire to a spool under your gas tank. Might as well try and get her running while you wait for the cable. Report back.

Old 08-22-2007, 10:06 PM

they actually arent cut, the ones im looking at. they have fittings on them

Old 08-23-2007, 09:09 PM

Ok here is a quick run down

1st pic - goes to your brake switch

2nd pic - the connector in your hand is for the headlight although a little hacked up the two in the background are for your horn

3rd pic - the horn

Old 08-26-2007, 10:42 PM

so i cant figure out whats up because the starter button must be connected to something because its turning over when i try to start iit but just chugs and wont start up. sounds like it wants to almost like a dead batt but the batt s new and charged and at 100% power

Old 08-27-2007, 12:27 AM

it turns over and after a few seconds makes a faint knocking noise while it tries

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: wtf the ignition s not connected