General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What The Hell Happened?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 01:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What The Hell Happened?!?!?

Okay. Here's the scenario. It was 9:00 this morning and I had taken my bike out of the apartment, put it in a parking space, and turned it on to warm up before I left for class. I go inside to grab my helmet and bag, I get on the bike and start to leave. So, I ammaking my way out of the apartment complex, I am doing about 20 in first gear. All of a sudden, the bike shuts off, my back tire locks up, and the tires skid like a turd down a toilet. WTF happened?!?!?! I took me about 3 minutes to get it started again and I had to give it gas just to do that. Anyone know what went wrong, or what may be wrong?

P.S (I feels a little wierd now took, like it may be pulling or something. I dontknow if that is relevant or not, or if it is just me)

Old 09-15-2006, 01:50 PM
Default RE: What The Hell Happened?!?!?

definitely need to have that thing looked at.

Maybe a frozen wheel bearing? Maybe a dragging chain?

Hard to say but I'd be very cautious. Probably wouldn't even attempt to ride it.

Old 09-15-2006, 02:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats scary, got to be something in the drive chain. have you looked over the chain and obvious visible mechanicals?

Old 09-15-2006, 02:38 PM

Yea, and i didnt see anything at all. However, The idle was running really low last night (less than 700) right before I shut it off. So, this morning i bumped it up a little. Could it have been starved for gas maybe?

Old 09-15-2006, 02:58 PM

not sure.....gonna have to wait for backup on this one, i dont want to misinform you. sorry.

Old 09-15-2006, 03:02 PM

LOL. That's no problem. I don't blame you. Thanks for your help and quick response!! Hopefully backup does arrive though!!

Old 09-15-2006, 11:23 PM

Sounds strange. If it stopped getting fuel for some reason that wouldn't lock up the tire. But if something like a bearing or bad caliper wouldn't make it idle differently. My guess is that adjusting the idle had nothing to do with the tire locking up. Make sure that you are positive that the problem is fixed before you ride again. Don't just assume the problem is fixed because you get the bike to idle correctly in case it is two different problems.

Old 09-15-2006, 11:34 PM

Didn't someone on this forum recently post very similar symptoms and the cause was that the motor 'hydraulic'ed? or hydrolocked?

Basically there was fluid in the cyllinder instead of a air/fuel mix and fluid just doesn't compress . . . .

Old 09-15-2006, 11:59 PM

if that was the case then he wouldnt have been able to start it up again. ahydrolocked motor usually is done after it lockes up.

Old 09-16-2006, 12:44 AM

Well, it has started up fine since. I havent had to give it any gas to start t since that one time. I am not sure.

I read that one post and I dont think that guy has been able to start it since, or atleasttil he got it fixed.

Quick Reply: What The Hell Happened?!?!?