General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trips and gear.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 11:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trips and gear.

Wondering what u guys do with your gear when u park your bike some where while on a trip? I have been wanting to go out to Cali for a few concerts and whatever and camp, but a big part of my problem is I dont know what i would do with my gear while at the concert, or out sight seeing. Curious how you guys lock your stuff to your bike, and I cant afford $500 in hard cases. Looking at these.... http://www.basegear.com/pacsafe55.html

Helmet and jacket are easy to secure to the bike I am more concerend aobut a back pack... or small seat bag.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:55 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: Trips and gear.

i simply carry it with me at all times. i dont leave any gear with the bike. too eay to get stolen or messed with. ive seen people walk by and pour sodas and throw cig butts in helmets that were left attached to the bike. and plus you look super cool going into places with your gear on its gets you all kinds of looks

Old 03-05-2008, 04:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot of those security type bags (this includes hard type stuff as well) are like a red flag to a lot of people and although they may not really want to rip you off, may set about causing a bit of damage, because in their small minds you being a bit of a smart ****. Never leave your lid with your bike, it will either be damaged (visor usually) or not there at all. As for leaving your bike parked while you go off camping, I reckon is a pretty big risk. Hard luggage is ok if your just parking for lunch or ducking into the shops, they offer no real deterent for would be thieves
There are a lot of bags out there that can carry a fair amount of gear & mount pretty well on the bike (tank/rack/seat bags) & turn into back packs when their off the bike. The secret for any sort of outing that involves an overnight or longer stay, is that you only take the things you REALLY NEED, & not the things you think you will need. Buy wot you need on the go & just get used to the fact that you have to carry your gear around with you, so go for ones that are comfortable off the bike.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:52 PM
July 2008 ROTM

A good-sized tank bag that includes shoulder straps to act as a backpack, as well as some way of securing your helmet is super handy to have.