General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tired of tickets, I WANT RADAR DETECTOR NOW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 10:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tired of tickets, I WANT RADAR DETECTOR NOW!!!

Real radar jammers weigh hundreds of pounds and cost millions of dollars

(plus they're illegal for civilian use)

Old 01-22-2008, 06:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would think, a radar detector would provide you a false sense of security (kind like our homeland security) and you would be a little more nonchalant in your riding, thus causing you to be a bit more conspicuous, resulting in more tickets.

Try being more aware of your surroundings. Don't be the fastest vehicle on the road. Watch for potential hiding spots. Watch out for a sudden group of braking. Oh and like everyone else said...don't speed. You are usually safe doing double nickel over, but that's only a guideline and is no guarantee.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:39 AM
Banned

it make me mad. I'm very serious on buying one, else I will quit riding. Thank you very much.
I say sell your bike, that'll teach those mean cops. Maybe even stomp your feet and hold your breath until you turn blue. Maybe punch a hole in the wall or kick your dog. But you should stop riding, it is obvious you don't learn from your actions.

Tickets are a part of life when you consistantly speed. Obviously you aren't tired of getting tickets or else you wouldn't ride like you do.

If you insist on riding like you do then watch for brake lights, get a Valentine with an earpiece, and slow down a little. Not too long ago we had a guy on a sportbike die doing 90 in a 45 when an old man made a left in front of him (coming the other way). Just remember, most people don't notice bikes and when they do they can't judge the distance because their is only one headlight. Also the closing rates are hard to judge for people with less than perfect vision looking at a small object moving well over the speed limit.

So maybe there is a reason you keep getting tickets, it is you guardian angel trying to keep you alive.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:00 AM
Ty

Valentine One is the best IMO. More importantly, even the best RD is useless if mounted incorrectly. K40 makes a customizablesystem that can very easily be adapted to a bike.

SpecR - The Scorpion Ultimate Ka will jam all bands of radar effectively for a cost of 1600 dollars. It weighs only a few pounds. One brain and two antenna units total about the size of a small shoebox. Properinstallation and use of these devices is critical as it is a felony to actively jam radar, however.

Photo units are always on the right in the US. If you've ever been sent a ticket, you know the angle they can see at. Since this is the land of government standardization, nearly all photo units nationwide see roughly the exact same angle. Simply mount your plate so that it is legal but not in the field of view of the photo. Angled down on the back of the chain guard seems to work or maybe screwed to the bottom of the battery box. Have fun flipping off the speed cameras once your plate is properly fixed or you invest in a flipper.

Anyway, with new instant-on technology in use by the shooters, your screwed anyway if they have a good spot. Smart driving is the only option. You know your drive to work better than anyone, so use that to your advantage. You know all the cop spots, so slow down around them. Speed in the safe areas and save your money for new gear.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: SpecR

Real radar jammers weigh hundreds of pounds and cost millions of dollars

(plus they're illegal for civilian use)
you are correct, the one used in spaceballs has got to weightons!

i think cbr714 should stop riding...radar detector is not going to help you at all if a cop sees you flying through traffic.

Old 01-22-2008, 03:44 PM

thanks, I'm slowing down this morning ride. I'm selling the bike, taking a break just for now.
I usually ride without protective gears except a pair of glove. I wear regular jean, jacket, my helmet is blue and my bike is red (CBR F3 98, old bike too). That could point me out when I was speeding. Therefore cops think I'm their sitting duck. Thanks for input guys.

Old 01-22-2008, 03:58 PM

ummm.. i dont know what to say.... i think you should sell your bike and buy a shortbus with your name on the side.. example.. if your name is john

Jhon Publikj Skouls and make sure you paint flames on it so you look like you are re entering the atmosphere in some ol space junk.. and charge that around for a while..

then you will hopefully have enough respect for yourself to quit speeding in traffic and save your own life one day at a time by being safe!

Old 01-22-2008, 05:36 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

or kick your dog
NO!

And dude...don't worry about these guys...they're just afraid of natural selection, where you clearly are not...

Old 01-22-2008, 06:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Ty

SpecR - The Scorpion Ultimate Ka will jam all bands of radar effectively for a cost of 1600 dollars. It weighs only a few pounds. One brain and two antenna units total about the size of a small shoebox. Properinstallation and use of these devices is critical as it is a felony to actively jam radar, however.
http://www.f-111.net/models/ECM/Ecm011a.jpg

That's the only radar jammer I would trust

Using ECM doesn't make you invisible. It simply shouts so loud that they can't tell exactly where you are. They're going to know you're there, but they won't be able to know where.

OTOH, a cop is going to realize his radar is going to be jammed when it suddenly stops working when you drive by. Also, the range on a small commercially available jamming unit is probably going to be a lot shorter than that of the rarar.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:02 PM

I actually sell them i can tell you everything you want to know,

1.First off No such things as a radar jammer,
2.However there is a laser jammer (too expensive $1500) most local departments can't afford laser usually only staties or highway patrols have laser anyways, You want something with POP alert mode.
3. You need 2 things a radar/laser detector, helmet mount system w/front and rear sensors.
4. www.sportvue.com has the motorcycle face shield kits and sensors (MC2 is the one you want)
5. I would recommned Beltronics Pro RX65 radar detector (not sure exactly the model name and numbers) Just get the Beltronics model they reccomend.
6. You will need some $$$$$$ everything is gonna run you a few hundred bucks.
7. Nothing is full proof but When that puppy starts to go off you need to be on the brakes.

Most of all just slow the !@#$ down.

if anyone wants to know more details ask away.

Quick Reply: tired of tickets, I WANT RADAR DETECTOR NOW!!!