General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Mounting Rip Off

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 02:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tire Mounting Rip Off

man honestly....if you have 5-10 grand for a bike, dont you have 2-300 for a new set of tires?
I know the ones on my trailblazer are like 1500 a set to replace......sux but sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet man....

Old 10-04-2007, 03:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's $60 for both tires...if you don't buy from them...otherwise, it's $40.
you guys just have lots of bling on your hands...some of us work in fast food industry AND have mouths to feed, so every penny counts...$50 isn't just a drop in the bucket...it's a week's worth of grocies.
it's interesting how so many are unsure of their own work...and would rather give money away to a shop.

i guess not everyone can be mechanically inclined...and just because a so called "mechanic" didn't do the mounting/balacing, or even any other service, doesn't mean that it's crap work...some of us just know what the heck we're doing!

Old 10-04-2007, 04:12 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

it's interesting how so many are unsure of their own work...and would rather give money away to a shop.
keep telling you man, I've seen my work and I wasn't impressed.

The dude I go to looks like he's 50 or 60 y.o. and his shops been there for a long long time .. not that age or anything is fool proof but I've had my last 6 tire changes there no problems.

Old 10-04-2007, 04:17 PM
Retired Moderator

btw, seriously T, if you're going to keep making investments in equip. and think everyone's overcharging .. have you thought about starting your own business for that type stuff? just start small out of your basement offering service to friends and whoever they refer to you and move up from there as business increases. that is, if you have the time to do it on your off time and still keep your job.

if u do it, obviously GET INSURANCE first.

Old 10-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Kewl Breeze

btw, seriously T, if you're going to keep making investments in equip. and think everyone's overcharging .. have you thought about starting your own business for that type stuff? just start small out of your basement offering service to friends and whoever they refer to you and move up from there as business increases. that is, if you have the time to do it on your off time and still keep your job.

if u do it, obviously GET INSURANCE first.
He'd know why they charge those prices then lol

Old 10-04-2007, 06:05 PM

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

He'd know why they charge those prices then lol
muhahahhaha...somebody's gotta pay for my break time, crapper time, smoke time, etc.! muahahahhha

i wouldn't call it a shop with tire irons....i don't to open a shop cause i gotta deal with all the bishes who have bikes...and i'd complain if they want to rice out their bike...what i want to do is to have my own company doing graphics, business cards, decals, posters, etc...so i can compete with KEWL!

guess what? while i was bitching to my neighbor yesterday about it because he's in Tech/R&D for kawi....he said...WTH...don't drop my TV (i was helping him move his TV)...next time let me know and we'll go to the garage and put them tires on....muhahahahahah...kawi is like0.7 miles from my house.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:30 PM

Man I wish mine were that cheap. The Honda dealer wanted 36 apiece (mount and balance) or 20 if you just brought the tire. They still charge if you buy the tires from them. I wish someone around me knew how to do it so I could learn and save money. Who doesn't like that?

Old 10-04-2007, 11:28 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Don, for 2500 i would say you got a good buy, as a shop manager (automotive)i know how pricey that equipment is.