General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle cruise control for peanuts!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle cruise control for peanuts!

Here is a tip for long distance motorway riding to save pain in the throttle hand/wrist. I took two O rings approx 0.125" (1/8 of an inch) in thickness and approx 37mm diameter and placed one at each end of the throttle grip. One sits between the grip and the bar end weight and the other between the end of the grip and the throttle cable body and starter/light switch. This provides just enough friction to allow the throttle to stay open with your right palm resting on it for motorway riding, relieving the strain on your wrist. Once off the motorway you simply remove the one between the bar end weight and grip, sliding it along the grip to the other end for use later. Now you have normal throttle action for town riding and can slip the O ring back towards the bar end weight position when going back on the motorway. Use a small screw driver to ease the O rings into position. One word of warning! You must be positive in closing the throttle when needing to slow down. It feels weird a little at first, but you'll soon get used to it. BMW have friction screws available that do the same thing on their bikes, as I used to have. I only advise this mod for motorway long distance riding only and not for town riding!