General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Temp info

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 06:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Temp info

I recently purchased a 2001 CBR 929 that was wrecked on its right side. I replaced the only damage which was a radiator hose. The question I have is what temp is the bike sposed to run at and at what temp does the fan come on. I haven't gotten it registered yet so I just ride it around the block and the hottiest I have had it was like 196. I haven't herd the fan come on yet so I am wondering if it is working correctly.
Thank you
Fox

Old 12-26-2005, 07:25 PM
Default RE: Temp info

Not sure on the 929 , the 1000RR kicks in at 225

Old 12-26-2005, 11:16 PM
Retired Administrator

Your thermostat starts to open at 177-182 and it doesn't fully open until 203. You fan kicks on at 208 to 216 and shuts off when it's back below 207. Did that help any? All out of your shop manual.

Old 12-28-2005, 09:54 PM

Yes that helped alot. I just didn't want to harm the engine. And I never received the owers manual and I am looking for one.
Thank you
Fox

Old 12-29-2005, 04:33 AM

riding around the block makes the bike run hotter

Old 12-29-2005, 04:42 AM
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: foxswank

Yes that helped alot. I just didn't want to harm the engine. And I never received the owers manual and I am looking for one.
Thank you
Fox
i dont think that info is in the owners manual. dont get me wrong though. everyone should have an owners manual. check into a haunes manual or something similar for more technical data. there are even some threads around here with links where you can download a service manual. free and very useful.

ORIGINAL: shraz

riding around the block makes the bike run hotter
actually letting it sit still while running will yield the highest temps. no air flow to cool things down. let the bike run and see what temp the fan kicks on. if it reaches 225 without the fan kicking on, shut it off. you have a problem. 225 wont hurt your engine, but dont let it get too much above that without the fan kicking on.

Old 12-29-2005, 05:25 AM

on my old F4 the fuse of my fan was out and the bike coolant boiled not good!

Old 12-29-2005, 08:55 AM
Retired Administrator

ORIGINAL: NINE2NINE

i dont think that info is in the owners manual. dont get me wrong though. everyone should have an owners manual. check into a haunes manual or something similar for more technical data. there are even some threads around here with links where you can download a service manual. free and very useful.

Right... I said shop manual... the owner's manual will only give you general info.

Old 12-29-2005, 05:46 PM
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: doncollins

ORIGINAL: NINE2NINE

Right... I said shop manual... the owner's manual will only give you general info.
yeah foxswank said that he hadn't received an owners manual and i thought that he confused your shop manual comment with referring to the owners manual. i just thought id let him know that specific data like that is not in the owners manual. and i also believe that i got the downloadable shop manual link from you (i could be wrong though.) if so, could you find it again? it really helped me out, maybe it can help someone else.

Old 12-29-2005, 06:31 PM
Retired Administrator

I think it was me..... here's the link.

Quick Reply: Temp info