General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering Damper (chinese-Ebay) Brand

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Damper (chinese-Ebay) Brand

Hello all,
I decided to start a thread about the Chinese/EBay steering dampers. I searched,googled,asked and cried for any feedback with no luck... so here goes....
I have a 2002 954 RR and wanted a steering damper but had a hard time ponying up the $500 I found a ton of them on eBay and decided to go with the knock off Hyper Pro for the money if it doesn't work not a big dealSteering Damper (chinese-Ebay) Brand-danper2.jpg

Steering Damper (chinese-Ebay) Brand-damper4.jpgl

Old 08-28-2013, 03:10 PM

I received the damper today in matte silver (8-28-13) which I ordered on(8-15-13)so shipping was fast. I'm waiting on the mounting kit in black anodized color due to me ordering from 2 different sellers because they did not have the color combo I wanted. It appears to be fairly well made and heavy duty as well. about 1lb but I'm guessing. I tinkered with it and the resistance works well. On its lowest setting their is a decent amount of resistance and turning the dial increases it quit a bit. This being my first damper I have nothing to compare it to !
once I receive the mounting kit I will post more and add pics ! this is my 954 im going to put it on.
Steering Damper (chinese-Ebay) Brand-livingroomcbr.jpg

Old 08-29-2013, 02:56 AM
Track junkie & modaholic

Good luck. I don't know why you would cheap out on a suspension part. It's like buying cheapo knock off brake components. You can find used radial dampers pretty cheap and have them serviced if needed, just have to be patient. just my 2c. Looks nice though.

Old 08-29-2013, 03:54 PM

Because im cheap ?

Old 08-29-2013, 04:24 PM

Actually I'm really curious more than anything,and would like to contribute to the forum. I do think most of the Chinese knock off stuff is crap. So $100 bucks to test out this damper is kind of fun and an excuse to give my opinion which most people don't give a **** about lol.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've heard stories of people making "home made" steering dampers to great effect. Even if it offers a bit of resistance, it should help. That kit doesn't look half bad, good luck. Only problem with this is that you probably won't know whether it's working well... you'll only know if it doesn't work.

Old 08-30-2013, 05:52 PM

I WOULD LIKE TO ADD WHY I'M GETTING A DAMPER , THE FRONT END GETS REALLY LIGHT UNDER HARD ACCELLERATION "KINDA SQUIRLY".ALSO I LIVE IN DALLAS TEXAS AND ANYONE WHO LIVES HERE KNOW THE PUBLIC ROADS SUCK HARD !! POT HOLES,NEVER ENDING CONSTRUCTION, BLISTERING SUMMER HEAT,RUTTS DIPS AND BASICLY "EL CRAPPO" RIDING CONDITIONS. SO A LONG STORY SHORT THE STREETS HERE ARE BUMPY DIRTY LOW TO NOT MAINTAINED AND NOT VERY MOTORCYCLE FRIENDLY

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM ANY ONE WHO KNOWS OF ANY DECENT RIDING ROADS IN THE DALLAS AREA.
(My other two bikes)Steering Damper (chinese-Ebay) Brand-black76cb750.jpg

Steering Damper (chinese-Ebay) Brand-mycb77.jpg

THANKS ALL
R

Old 08-30-2013, 09:35 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

The only real reason I said something is because anything from china/hong kong is so hit and miss or shoddy. I saw thier work on CF and fairings, IDK if I would trust them to make a damper, good luck and let us know (with lots of photos ) how the damper works. I will say this; I have an ohlins damper and it did not fit perfectly on there, had to finagle it a bit to get everything torqued right. Will be looking out for your thoughts on the damper.

Old 09-04-2013, 05:38 PM
Default Update...mounting bracket arrived

UPDATE; the mounting brackets arrived today 9/4/13. I ordered it on 8/15/13 almost 3 weeks, not the worst coming from china, so the brackets look good & well made movement feels good and solid no binding. here is some pics of them. I will update after I install and test it out

Old 09-04-2013, 06:58 PM
Default Updated pics

Steering Damper (chinese-Ebay) Brand-damper1.jpg

Steering Damper (chinese-Ebay) Brand-damper2.jpg

Steering Damper (chinese-Ebay) Brand-damper3.jpg

Steering Damper (chinese-Ebay) Brand-damper4.jpg

Quick Reply: Steering Damper (chinese-Ebay) Brand