General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

replacing ignition

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 04:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacing ignition

Hows it going everyone? Last year my cbr f4 was stolen from philly but I was recoved with lots of damage and I am a novice trying to put it together. I am having problems getting it started. When they stole it they ripped out the ignition so I purchased an 01 f4 starter from ebay. I was told this would work for my bike and it seems to fit up right but does anyone know if there is a major difference besides apperance? Also I was wondering if anyone had any tips on reversing what ever they did when they stole the bike. It did not have keys so I don't know if they hot wired it or what. So I am looking for anyones knowledge that has been through this and can steer me in the right direction to getting my baby back on the road. Thanks for the helps guys!

Old 06-14-2007, 06:17 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: replacing ignition

welcome but just wanted to let you know topics on "how to replace/fix my ignition" especially after its been stolen are a touchy subject on these boards.

the main reason is due to the fact, anyone can view this information. so by me telling you how to (for example) take out your ignition and replace it with a new one or how to by-pass the ignition... this would be veiwable by would be thieves and crooks.

what i can tell you is that get the correct parts for your bike. not by "oh this should fit" and you wont have anyproblems... i dont understand though you said you bought a f4i (F4 99-00/ F4I 01-03/04-06)starter on ebay , but you said the ignition is what is messed up.

goto www.stephygee.com get the manual for your bike. and that will tell you everything you need to know

good luck and hopefully you understand what on certian subjects we must be discrete.