General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A question about handlebars

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 07:35 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A question about handlebars

These are called "clip-ons" correct? Did they come stock with the 1994 cbr f2? Also I don't see a lot of bikes with these, what bikes come with them? or are they just an aftermarket thing? Thanks.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:35 AM
Banned

Ooops image is huge..

Old 04-20-2012, 08:29 AM

Definitely aftermarket, like woodcraft clip-ons or similar. Looks good too.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:47 AM

those clipons in particular may be after market, but most sport/supersport bikes come standard with clipons.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:19 AM

Those are aftermarket, my F2 has stock clip ons but they're black and don't protrude past the fork toward the center of the bike. Your bike is nice man, looks like aftermarket grips, and levers as well, not sure if they're eBay levers...but they look good, and so do the white backed gauges. Clean looking F2!!

EDIT : Just noticed the gas cap too, looks like the previous owner did some mods to your bike! Have you posted up some pictures of the whole thing? If not you should

Old 04-20-2012, 09:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by That Guy in Maine
Those are aftermarket, my F2 has stock clip ons but they're black and don't protrude past the fork toward the center of the bike. Your bike is nice man, looks like aftermarket grips, and levers as well, not sure if they're eBay levers...but they look good, and so do the white backed gauges. Clean looking F2!!

EDIT : Just noticed the gas cap too, looks like the previous owner did some mods to your bike! Have you posted up some pictures of the whole thing? If not you should
I can post some more pictures. I would like to find out more info about it to because the previous owner was somewhat vague in the modifications.

And although I've rode bikes since I was a kid I'm not super knowledgeable about these bikes. I am enough but I regulary have questions that may or may not be obvious.

According to the guy I bought it from it has an F3 motor with around 10k miles on it, od read 30k at the time. I looked for a stamp on the motor but not real well, didnt see one so I dont know what the motor is or isnt to be honest. It doesn't look like it has the ram air intake, but once again I really don't know.

The gauges are nice but the backlight doesnt work. Ive attempted once to remove it and look at it but its a bitch. I may just wire up some LEDS under the windscreen.

Other stuff it has are obviously the adjustable levers, db windscreen, blinkers in the "race" mirrors.I seen the same ones on ebay, titanium rt1 jardine exhaust. Slip on or full, I dont know, maybe obvious. All I know is it sounds amazing.

He set its been "jetted". Im assuming this just means the carbs have been timed, once again I dont know.

It had f3 fairings when I got it, the tailpeice doesnt quite fit correctly. I put a smoked f3 taillight on it and it looks decent. I alos put a few decals, first time doing it I did a fairly good job I think.

Any and all info or knowledge is greatly appreciated because Like I said I dont pretend to be and expert.

oh and as for the gascap/base it was a vortex, I lost the cap and instead of replacing it with the 130$+ vortex I got an identical looking one from a place for 50$. Looks almost identical and it's still sweet

Last edited by BorderLineAlaska; 04-20-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:36 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

yea they are woodcraft clip-ons, you can tell its a slipon exhaust by looking at there the mid-pipe connects to the headers if there is a clamp and bolt than its a slipon. If there is no connection and its one piece or if its secured by springs, your looking at a full system.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:50 PM

For the backlight problem, I'd take the front fairing off and look at the gauges. You should be able to just pull the light's out, check to see if the bulbs are burnt out (black in the center). The aftermarket white faces also might block the light, not sure.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:10 AM

Will you post some more pictures? I'm so fond of the bikes and bike racing that for me to see something new is always very pleasant and interesting.