General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem installation power commander F4i!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem installation power commander F4i!

Hello guys!I am an onwer of a CBR600F4i and recently i bought a used POWER COMMANDER III USB!I successfuly loaded into the unit the desire map from the official site of the power commander!Then i installed the unit in my bike...i followed step by step the instructions in order to do it right...unfortunately my bike does not start at all...specifically i turn on the switch but the power commander unit does not response at all (non of the green lights appears)...i double checked the two connectors and the power cable to the battery(negative pole) and they look fine!the bike runs/starts with out a problem when i remove the power commander unit,and the power commander unit seems to work fine because when i loaded the desire map via my pc using the power adapter of 9V,the green lights appeared normally....what is the problem?can anyone help me?

i forgot to tell you that when i turn on the bike having the power commander unit the bike does't do the fuel pump test,like normally do.....

Old 05-28-2013, 04:30 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

It may be a bad PC and could be the reason it was being sold. Did you get it really cheap? If you are sure its the correct model for your bike you can send it to Dynojet and they can test the PC to make sure its working properly.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:36 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

i'd check the ground wire. just take a thumb tack, poke it through the rubber on the ground wire to establish a connection on the actual wire away from the neg. pole on the battery. then take a simple 12v test light, put clamp on the positive and check the 12v tip on the thumb tack to make sure you've established that ground...

if that checks out, i'd check the connectors individually in the plugs that connect to and from your TB harness to make sure it's not a connection problem.

exhaust your options before you send it to Dynojet, especially since you said it does work normally with the 9v battery - which would tell me it's something with the wiring