General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power problems (i think)

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 12:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power problems (i think)

ok i installed my jardine rt-1 slip on my pc3 and a K&N about a month or so ago. i noticed that if im in first gear and get on it when i hit about 45 it feels like i need to shift (it sounds like it needs to shiftand feels like im at the end of the powwer band )but my RPMs are not to high and if i keep it pinned through this it goes away. its kinda hard to describe the feeling i was just wondering if anyone has noticed this or if there is something you suggest for me to do? i was thinking it might be the air filter because of how many different thoughts on aftermarket filters i have noticed on here. with the pc3 map i have programmed it is set for my slip on and a oem or aftermarket filter so it doesnt change the air flow i would guess.

Old 05-15-2008, 02:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: power problems (i think)

To me... it sounds like something is up with the fuel curve. I can't say for certain... but something easy to try would be to stick the zero map (or stock, either one) back into the PCIII and take off. Does it change? Go away? Get worse? If you get a change, compare the two maps (can be done in Dynojett's software that you got with the PCIII). If you don't get a change... then I suspect there to be an issue with something not being hooked up like it should be (breather, air-box, PCIII plugs in the right place, somethings pinched, etc).

It happens... I was very careful... but I was getting tired when I put mine back together and I pinched the fuel-tank breather hose. That was the issue I was having with the fuel lid either being highly pressurized (to the point where fuel mist would "explode" everywhere when I opened the tank) or having a strong vaccum (I could hardly open the lid).