General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No spark!! Starting 2 dislike this bike!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The + side should show open to ground, not some continuity. Check for a possible wire rubbing against something, wearing the insulation off. You can find the bad one by disconnecting the related wire(s) at both ends and checking for any resistance to ground. Anything that shows something other than completely open indicates a problem.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you,

Soo either I'm getting somewhere or wasting ALOT of time. I traced the continuity to ground on the side stand signal wire and it is coming from the circuit board for the dash guages. There is enough ground continuity to where I can hold the + meter probe on the + battery terminal and hold the - probe to the signal wire I get battery voltage. Its pretty much grounded. Sooo I took the dash apart and inspected the circuit board and don't see anything obviously wrong with it. No burn marks or burn smell or anything like that. Maybe its just suppose to be like that??? I mean maybe the continuity to ground is normal?? I check EVERYTHING else in the ignition system so its def a bad ECM. This is the 2nd fried ECM in less than 40 miles on the bike so what the hell???? I'm thinking about replacing the voltage regulator as well as the ECM and now possibly the dash all at one time. Can someone PLEASE check on their bike and see if the ONLY green wire with the white stripe leading out of the ECM has continuity to ground with a resistance to ground of 1850.sthe

Old 01-06-2014, 03:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PimpNaintEZ
Hey, so I'm still having no luck with this bike. If I put it on the trickle charger it charges to a max of 12.73v or so says my volt meter. Turning the bike over battery voltage drops to around 10.5v while cranking, but then jumps right back to 12.72v when I stop cranking. This doesn't really seem out of the ordinary b/c I would think it must put a drain on the battery to turn the engine over.

What gets me is that the ECU is not picking up on the fact that I'm unplugging the cam sensor. I mean it doesn't ever throw the FI light code for it. So I unplugged the ingition pulse sensor and cranked the bike and it instantly started throwing the code for it. Still no code showing for the unplugged cam sensor though. whats the deal with that?? I get a good reading 1.1v while cranking from the Ignition Pulse Gen but I can't get a reading higher than 0.4v cranking from the Cam Pulse Sensor.

This makes me think its the CPS is bad but I get a correct resistance from it something like 458. I hate to buy parts just guessing at it but I don't know what else to do at this point.

I really need some more input on this, I REALLY don't think it is the battery, but I haven't had a chance to pick up a new one and try it yet, so I can't eliminate that.

Sometimes fuel injection can be a real pain
I know this thread is a few years old but did you ever figure out this problem or does anyone else know what would cause this? I am having the same thing happen and I'm not sure how to proceed?

Old 01-11-2014, 07:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last edited by raiden; 01-11-2014 at 07:36 PM.