General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No more frozen fingers for me....(**now with pics too**)

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 12:41 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: No more frozen fingers for me.... (**now with pics**)

ORIGINAL: redzintimidator

what the hell are you doing up at 130am???

oh wait... its 136 here now...[&:]
LOL that was actually around 10:00. I had to disconnect the battery to hook up the power for the grips, so it reset my clock back to 1:00. I've gotta reset it tomorrow when I head out

But yea... 1:43 here, I'd better get some sleep if I plan on getting any ride time in tomorrow to try out the new finger warmers! [&:]

Old 12-17-2007, 09:57 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I got to try these bad boys out the last 2 days, and all I can say is.. WOW greatest invention ever!!![sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif]

First tried them out yesterday (sunday), went riding with a few buddies up into the mountains. Cold, you ask? Well lets just put it this way.... the highest temp we saw on the temp gauge of my buddies K1200 Beemer was 39 degrees BEFORE we headed up into the mountains. By the time we got to our destination, we were getting snow flurries, and the picnic tables sitting out front of the place were covered in ICE (I forgot to look at the exact temp there). So yea, it was a lil chilly. My hands stayed nice and warm though! Every one in awile my left pinky finger got a lil cold, but that was about it. Even with my insulated leather winter gloves, sometimes especially at slower speeds or stoplights, they get so hot you almost can't hold onto the clipons (with the gloves on). If you take the gloves off and grab them with your bare hands, it hurts. My other buddy on the SV1000 didn't have any heated stuff, and he was a popsicle when we stopped, so he came over and warmed his hands up on my grips. He was in love, and said "I HAVE to get some of these!!" LOL

Rode to work this morning.... 32 miles one way, and when I left at 7am this morning with the wind chill factored in, it was 18 degrees. Once again... toasty warm hands!

Grip heaters FTW!! Best $30 bux I've spent in a long time!

Old 12-17-2007, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-18-2007, 07:24 AM
Banned

Rode to work this morning.... 32 miles one way, and when I left at 7am this morning with the wind chill factored in, it was 18 degrees.
You are not well.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:08 AM

My SUV has a kick A$$ heater. I don't ride in the cold.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:23 AM

I hot wired a space heater and fabbed it onto my handle bars. What now?

Old 12-18-2007, 12:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: thirdgenlxi

Well I got to try these bad boys out the last 2 days, and all I can say is.. WOW greatest invention ever!!![sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif]

First tried them out yesterday (sunday), went riding with a few buddies up into the mountains. Cold, you ask? Well lets just put it this way.... the highest temp we saw on the temp gauge of my buddies K1200 Beemer was 39 degrees BEFORE we headed up into the mountains. By the time we got to our destination, we were getting snow flurries, and the picnic tables sitting out front of the place were covered in ICE (I forgot to look at the exact temp there). So yea, it was a lil chilly. My hands stayed nice and warm though! Every one in awile my left pinky finger got a lil cold, but that was about it. Even with my insulated leather winter gloves, sometimes especially at slower speeds or stoplights, they get so hot you almost can't hold onto the clipons (with the gloves on). If you take the gloves off and grab them with your bare hands, it hurts. My other buddy on the SV1000 didn't have any heated stuff, and he was a popsicle when we stopped, so he came over and warmed his hands up on my grips. He was in love, and said "I HAVE to get some of these!!" LOL

Rode to work this morning.... 32 miles one way, and when I left at 7am this morning with the wind chill factored in, it was 18 degrees. Once again... toasty warm hands!

Grip heaters FTW!! Best $30 bux I've spent in a long time!
ok I'm sold. Link us to what all you bought for this sweet addition.

Old 12-18-2007, 01:36 PM

I don't think my bike would even start in 18 degree weather, you are really nuts.

And to have riding buddies in that cold of weather....
damn you must live in crazytown.

Sounds like the grips worked out well I would be interested in putting some on my bike for when it get below 50 degrees......hahaha my hands are freezing then.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:07 PM

my grand cherokee has a kick a$$ heater

Old 12-18-2007, 06:53 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ Oh yeah, well my car..............which doesn't work right now..............HAD a kick *** heater......................SO THERE!!!!

I'm a winter rider though. You know it's cold when you're punching your seat to get all the frost off.

Quick Reply: No more frozen fingers for me....(**now with pics too**)