General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No more frozen fingers for me....(**now with pics too**)

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: No more frozen fingers for me.... (**now with pics**)

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

Rode to work this morning.... 32 miles one way, and when I left at 7am this morning with the wind chill factored in, it was 18 degrees.
You are not well.
I know My manager at work tells me that every day too [sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley36.gif] [sm=icon_blah.gif]

Old 12-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Ironmang

ORIGINAL: BC1000RR

My SUV has a kick A$$ heater. I don't ride in the cold.

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

my grand cherokee has a kick a$$ heater
My Accord has a kick a$$ heater too. Point?? [&:] Some of us just love to ride whenever possible. That should be evident by my f00king odometer, LOL. So long as the roads are clean and it's not raining (when it's cold), and there's no ice... I'm riding! Besides the cage needs new tires anyways, and I'm broke

PFG... I got these at Cycle Gear... $30 bux. You need to buy the grip glue seperately though, it doesn't come with any. I don't think you have a Cycle Gear up by you, but you can get them online or maybe somewhere else local to you

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1...G&tier2=20

Old 12-21-2007, 03:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed a set yesterday. My wife gave me an early christmas present because she saw me riding in with freezing hands all the time. She got a set from aerostitch, 28 bucks, I think 32 shipped. Anyway, just a heat pad with an adhesive backing that wraps around the bar and my stock grips slide over the top of them. I took my time and covertly mounted my switch (high/low/off) where you can't really see it and it's easy to reach. I ran a soilid ground back to my battery, nicely tucked along the rest of the harness. For my 12v hot, I ran it to the headlights so that when the key is out of the ignition they won't come on, so if I forget to turn them off it won't drain my battery. The high setting gets pretty toasty to where unless it's cold AND raining, my hands get hot, but the low setting is ideal. Love these things. It's been in the low 30's and pissing down here for weeks, the cold on my hands was brutal, now........nice and toasty!

Old 12-21-2007, 06:29 PM
Ironmang

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

I installed a set yesterday. My wife gave me an early christmas present because she saw me riding in with freezing hands all the time. She got a set from aerostitch, 28 bucks, I think 32 shipped. Anyway, just a heat pad with an adhesive backing that wraps around the bar and my stock grips slide over the top of them. I took my time and covertly mounted my switch (high/low/off) where you can't really see it and it's easy to reach. I ran a soilid ground back to my battery, nicely tucked along the rest of the harness. For my 12v hot, I ran it to the headlights so that when the key is out of the ignition they won't come on, so if I forget to turn them off it won't drain my battery. The high setting gets pretty toasty to where unless it's cold AND raining, my hands get hot, but the low setting is ideal. Love these things. It's been in the low 30's and pissing down here for weeks, the cold on my hands was brutal, now........nice and toasty!
Seeeeeeee I told you guys they kicked ***!! LOL

Glad to hear you got them on.... sure is nice, huh? It's amazing how much warmer the rest of your body stays just from having warm hands and a warm head (a head sock makes a world of difference too). Enjoy them... and watch out for those slippery spots on the cold wet roads! [8D]

Old 12-21-2007, 06:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i may look into getting some of these! im toughing it through the winter aswell. im begining to get called "the mailman" by some friends, hahahaha!

any day the wheels go around, its a good day to ride!

coldest i've gone out so far was 25deg., wear the right gear and ride w/ some winter sense.......you'll be pretty warm, and a-ok!

i just wish i saw more sportbike riders in my area out in the temps too.

Old 12-21-2007, 07:58 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

You guys make them sound like a pretty good idea. Wish i could ride even without them, too much salt on the roads tho

Old 12-23-2007, 09:58 AM

You guys are nucking futs! No way I'm riding in 30* weather.

Old 12-23-2007, 11:14 AM

ORIGINAL: TennesseeCBRF2

You guys are nucking futs! No way I'm riding in 30* weather.
its honestly not THAT cold if you dress right. you dont have to wear big bulky clothing to keep warm. actually the tighter the layers, the better. when i go out i wear the following and stay WARM..........

to work : wrk pants (dickies), half coveralls, work boots, t-shirt, longsleeve shirt, hoody, textile jacket/winter liner

casual riding : sweat shorts, fleece pants, jeans, wrk boots, wife beater, t-shirt, sweatshirt, leather jacket/winter liner, and a hoody

sounds like alot, but im still VERY mobile and can still turn to look for traffic and what not w/o the layers hindering me.

Old 12-23-2007, 11:42 AM

Yeah but you would have to buy a jacket 2 sizes larger than you normally wear just to fit all the extra layers right? I know my Tourmaster Saber jacket needed to be upsized just to wear it in winter because it was tight with the liner in it let alone 4-5 layers under it.

When I was riding my Kawasaki Concours it was good to about 32 with just normal winter commonsense clothing. Of course that MCthrows off so much heat to your legs and body you didn't have to worry too much about the cold. I didn't ride once it started snowing and they threw salt on the road though. Then it sat for winter. I also only rode it locally to work and rarely went over 40 mph.

The biggest difference is that has much more protection from the wind, cold, and rain than a CBR does.It does have that biga$$ sail on the front afterall.

Old 12-23-2007, 11:47 AM

nah, like i said.......i keep the layers thin/tight so they fit well under my jackets. i wear the hoody over OR under the jackets, just deepends on how cold it is, and if i want the layer UNDER the jacket to keep me that much warmer. but i bought my jacket to fit me w/o all the layers, and w/ the layers......it still fits well. slightly uncomfortable....wont lie, yes. but im still mobile enough to stay safe.

cold?........whats cold?

Quick Reply: No more frozen fingers for me....(**now with pics too**)