General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new owner w/ lots of tech issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 04:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new owner w/ lots of tech issues

Hello everyone. I'm new here, so be nice.

Just purchased a 1994 CBR600F2 with about 12500 miles on it here in Los Angeles. I got it as my second bike, as a touring bike and an occasional track day bike (I've only been on the track once with the SUPERBIKE SCHOOL at the streets of Willow, but I caught the fever). Anyways, I figure I can ride to thet track, on the track, and ride back home in pretty good comfort on one of these.

So now that you know what I want out of my bike, here's the mechanical issue I'm having.

-On the way back from buying it, I noticed that the suspension could use some love. What are the obvious upgrades to the stock suspension, or what should I do to it to bring it back to good as new?
-When I use the front break and I come to a stop, there is a notch/click in the front end. Don't know how to explain it, but it sounds like something is loose. It stops and the at the end, when the bike settles it goes "clack". Not good. Don't know if it is the breaks, the suspension, or the headstock.
-This may be related, but the breaks screech.
-And finally, the worse, the forks are "missaligned". They are not bend, I think. They are twisted a little in the triple clamp. Don't feel it in the handling, but can see it. I know, because this happened on my other bike too.
-o yeah, the bike has been down. I can see that from the fairings.

Anyways, different issues, all important. Just want to fill my head with a little bit more knowledge before I take it in to a mechanic.

Thanks!

Old 06-12-2006, 04:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new owner w/ lots of tech issues

Brakes screech? Check you brake fluid. Might need to top it up or even bleed it and replace. Not sure about anything else.