General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the forum but not to bikes and two 1996 CBR600 F3

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 09:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forum but not to bikes and two 1996 CBR600 F3

Give a little back ground of myself, been riding for5 years, took MSF course in 2003 in NJ,firstbike - 88 Ninja EX250 (parted out), second bike -88 CBR600 Hurricane (totalled), third bike- 1989 Ninja ZX750 (currently damage, blown front tire at 80 MPH and been sold), fourth and current bike - 1996 CBR600 F3 for me and 1996 Smokin Joe CBR600 for the wife (her first bike, but she is not aggressive for now).

I have a couple of question, on my CBR the gauges work, but not the lights (oil, neutral, kick stand and high beams) do not work. I check the fuses and the connection of the wire harness, I haven't let the bike run for any peroid of time to see if the temperture gauge work. But the back light and engine RPM works

Second question is the Smokin Joe is two high for the misses to comfortable put both feet flat on the ground. I read some post on how to lower the bike correctly and still lose. I want her to ride comfortable but not ride on a unsettle bike. I purchase the lowering links which only lower the rear and read a posting on how toadjusting the forks in the triple tree, but don't know how much or better yet how too.

If anybody dealt with this issues and have comfortable/settling ride please reply to this post.

So far the bike are in our gargage awaiting for get insured and register. But with the weather in PA, don't seem like it will be bike riding weather anytime soon, so not really rushing to do so.

Thanks
Steven

Old 02-18-2008, 04:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New to the forum but not to bikes and two 1996 CBR600 F3

For your first problem, look under the gauge set and check all your bulbs, then check the contact between each bulb holder and gauge panel, clean any corrosion.
Try cutting the seat down... take off the cover and use a grinder to cut the foam down a couple of inches... I do it on dirt bikes for customers.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New to the forum but not to bikes and two 1996 CBR600 F3

Welcome to the forum! Easiest way, and cheapest, is to get the lowering link. Just make sure you get one that is billet...or you'll be sorry. This will bring the rear down @1 inch. As for the front, loosen the front clamps, slowly, as the forks will raise in the tripple tree, then tighten to specs. Mine are almost two inches...Anything more than that, you'll start running into problems.
Good Luck!
RB