General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New exhaust wont stop centre stand! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New exhaust wont stop centre stand! Help!

I've just fitted a new, Road LegalAcrapovic exhaust on to my '05 CBR600 F, and much to my dismay I've noticed that it doesn't come with a Centre Stand stopper attached!

The stand was originally held at bay by a rubber ended bracket welded on to the old pipework, but there is nothing on the new tubes! The stand now buries itself into the chain every time I put it up, making the bike unridable!

I've tried bolting a makeshift bracket on there, but it a) looks a bit pants, and b) doesn't work very well.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a standard solution that I just don't know about?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Old 01-17-2009, 04:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New exhaust wont stop centre stand! Help!

OK, Just incase anyone else is having this issue, I think I've got a semi-solution.

I picked up a 51mm pipe bracket with a fairly small, flat base and cut a few (small) lines into the pipe side of the base to add friction.

I've drilled 2 holes into a slightly longer, flat rectangle of rigid Steel and slotted it under the original bolts on the pipe bracket. I managed to find a fairly thick Rubber seal (borrowed froma double glazer) that fitted nicely over that, so it shouldn't scratch up my stand!

Then, I slotted the hole thing over the exhaust pipe, just behind the Lambda probe, with the extended side facing in to the bike.

It's mostly hidden from view by the bottom part of the fairing, but still isn't ideal.

If anyone knows something better it would be much appreciated?