General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help guys !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hope you're able to get your bike running ok.

Have your friend pay for repairs AND grovel w/ buying you about a dozen boxes of 45acp. ;-D If 45acp is as hard to get where you live as it is most everywhere else, this will give your friend time to think about his mistake as he searches all over creation for ammo. ;-)

Old 12-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Hope you're able to get your bike running ok.

Have your friend pay for repairs AND grovel w/ buying you about a dozen boxes of 45acp. ;-D If 45acp is as hard to get where you live as it is most everywhere else, this will give your friend time to think about his mistake as he searches all over creation for ammo. ;-)
lol , that is really funny about the ammo bc it is extremely hard to find here as well , i had to buy a 250round box bc that was the ONLY thing around locally

Old 12-08-2009, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by justasquid
Your bike does indeed have a bank angle sensor, or as someone reffered to as a tip switch. Im not sure wether or not it will need to be reset. You could probably just unplug the battery for a minute and that should reset it. But, the BAS has nothing to with the bike not cranking over. It would still crank over, just not start.

But, since your bike is an 08, I would assume its the battery. Its been an on going issue with that model for some time. Not everyone has issues, but there are enough of them to suspect the battery even more.

You can pick up a low amp battery charger just about anywhere. For charging the battery, you really don't want to exceed 2 amps. So pick up a variable rate one that has a low setting of 2 amps or less and you'll be all set.

But, I doubt you can save your battery. Give a call to your dealership and see what they say about it. They know about the issue and maybe can shed some light on it for you.

Also, try posting your issue in the 1000RR section of this forum, Im sure others have experienced the same issue and can probably point in a better direction.
thank you very much for your help so far justasquid , i really appreciate it ... also, i wouldve posted this in the appropriate section had i been a little more familiar to the site , but im still new to it

Old 12-08-2009, 02:40 PM

Try cycling the engine kill switch. I had a minor spill with my 08 a while back and it would not restart until I did that.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:41 PM

also, i wouldve posted this in the appropriate section had i been a little more familiar to the site , but im still new to it
You didnt post in the wrong section, I was just suggesting the 1000rr section since your bike is a 1000rr, the members that check out that section will know more about your bike.

Old 12-09-2009, 06:18 PM

BIG UPDATE !!! turned out it was the battery ... after actually using my head for a second , i thought well why not try jumping it off with my 4wheeler since that battery is pretty much the same as the bike's battery. let it charger for a few minutes and bam!!! she fired right up

thanks for all the help and tips you guys offered it really helped me solve this problem

Old 12-10-2009, 05:00 AM

Glad you got it figured out.

Just be sure to keep an eye on the battery. If you notice it cranking over slower than normal, its time to change it out so you don't get stranded somewhere.

So, after you remove your foot from your buddies ***, check into a new battery.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hope that was the fix. Glad you got it running. When my rectifier starting going bad, it first manifested as a seemingly bad battery problem b/f finally proving to be the rectifier. Anyway, hope the battery is your only problem.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by justasquid
Glad you got it figured out.

Just be sure to keep an eye on the battery. If you notice it cranking over slower than normal, its time to change it out so you don't get stranded somewhere.

So, after you remove your foot from your buddies ***, check into a new battery.
yeah, i was pretty worried about the battery from what you were telling me so i went ahead and bought another battery from a guy that was parting out an 08 on fireblades

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Hope that was the fix. Glad you got it running. When my rectifier starting going bad, it first manifested as a seemingly bad battery problem b/f finally proving to be the rectifier. Anyway, hope the battery is your only problem.
hopefully it doesnt end up being the rectifier , but if it does what are some tell-tell signs of it being the rectifier and not a battery ?

Old 12-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Basically it'll just show up as the battery not keeping it's charge. Dimming headlights even while riding at speed. Unfortunately, if you don't test it preemptively you're probably going to end up stranded somewhere when your bike dies and won't restart or you come out of your house one morning to find a dead battery.

Personally I'd just test your charging system to rule out any other problems that may be showing symptoms through your battery.

Pick up a multimeter and go to town.

Here
's a good place to start.

Quick Reply: Need help guys !!