General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help . .bout to light the bike on fire!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 11:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Need help . .bout to light the bike on fire!!!!

ok heres the issue once again . . .the bike runs and idles(98 F3) at a decent level now. but every now and again if i gag it or sometimes just a little throttle it jumps up and holds there then calms back down . . .if i hit the choke it jumps up at 8,000 rpm. . .the bike kind of runs rough and stumbles apon acceleration so im probly going to change the plugs and see what that does for me . .could this also be a carburetor syncing issue? please let me know . . .and while i was fiddling with all this stuff the damn fuel pump starting pissing fluid and its not the hoses its coming from where the 2 pieces mate together and is crimped kinda. any ideas on sealing it or rebuilding? or just a new pump all together? any help would be greatly apreciated like i said this bike is frustrating me to no end im going to fill the tank up with premium fuel shoot freeking bottle rockets into it and let it burn to the ground and then when im done with that im going to shoot it . . . .repetitively any help would be greatly apreciated . .i want to ride its my first street bike id love to get into it but not if i a damn ASE Certified tech cant get it running right

Old 04-07-2011, 03:14 AM

Really sympathise with your problem mate and not that knowledgeable about modern carbs. In the days of carbs with throttle slides, it was usually the slides that were sticking in their bores in the carbs and cleaning them usually solved the high revving then the finally coming back down to a normal tickover. Can't see the carbs of today being much different. A lack of lubrication in the throttle cables gave the same symptoms and once again a good dose of oil using a cable oiler solved the problem. Of course on these modern bikes such as ours (2002 CBR 600 fuel injected model) there are many more factors that could be causing your problem. A leaking fuel pump won't be helping you either mate I'm afraid. Try sorting the pump out first and see if that does the trick and go from there. Sorry if I wasn't much help!

Old 04-07-2011, 07:52 AM

i have it set up gravity feed right now thats working just fine but i here that may affect the way it runs at higher speeds in the top end?

Old 04-07-2011, 09:53 AM

If you have it running on gravity feed then I would definitely suspect the pump. I don't think it would get enough feed at higher revs though, so you may just need a new pump. Don't know if there are any good second hand ones around, to try that first and hopefully save a bit of dosh? Hope other more knowledgeable members come to your rescue! Keep us posted.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:17 PM
Default Update

Up date . . what i have found whilst tearing the carbs down and cleaing them they r spic and span . .cleaner than i expected . .but! the guy who did it before had the main jets in the wrong location . .hence why it ran like hell probobly . . .only reason i knew that the jets where going to be diffrent in the middle carbs is from reading on this forum and somewheres read it, so i checked and sure as hell 2 diffrent jets that are bigger for the 2 middle carbs. . . .and the guy 96600f3 sais this forum is **** . .how dare he lol