General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help Bad with KIA RIO

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 12:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Bad with KIA RIO

I have a 2002 Kia Rio.. The problem is that for about 2 weeks the starter would wanna start then crank up. Now I started it up and drove home from school know it won't start at all!!! I replaced the battery and cleaned the post. Check the fuses ( mini ones) and nothing still happens. I turn the key and there is no noise.. the lights, radio, and I hear the fuel pump working but nothing else. Can I Please get some input on the problem. What should I do????

Old 09-20-2006, 12:50 AM
Default RE: Need Help Bad with KIA RIO

follow these easy steps:
1: tow vehicle to your local honda dealership.

2: tell salesman you want a good car

3: sign papers and drive away with the good car lol

uhh it sounds like a small possibility that the brain may be friend or something like that

Old 09-20-2006, 02:09 AM

Just like checking a CBR. Check main fuse, starter relay, and starter motor. Your Rio might have a defective safety switch, like the neutral switch where an automatic has to be in neutral or park to crank engine.

Old 09-20-2006, 07:18 PM

The problem is going to lie in one of the these three areas (most likely) : (1) Starter Relay, (2) Acutal Starter, (3) or alternator (but unlikely, but can cause this). The most likely source is that is will be either 1 or 2. If you pop your hood and you try to start it and you here clicking, your relay is fine and its your starter OR if there is no clicking, it could be either of them. Get a volt meter and make sure everything is getting power. Also, make sure you check your main fuses (ones that control water pump, fuel pump, starter, etc) because even if it is one of those, your car will not start if the fuse is burnt out (that happened to my girlfriends car, the fuel pump fuse,) Just get a manual or check your fuse box for which fuse does what and test it for power with a voltmeter