General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My experience at WCW in NJ

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 10:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My experience at WCW in NJ

I went to WCW (Washington Cycle Works, a bike racing shop) today and had a wonderful experience! I got my bike suspension done and boy does my bike handle a million times better now! They tuned my bike to my weight and it costed $35.00. I am totally pleased! I mentioned to the people how some recommended that I lower my bike due to my height. Just them doing the suspension was enough for me to change how I was riding. As soon as I pulled out of the parking lot, I felt the difference in turning, braking and overall riding. It almost was as if my bike was lighter and more manuverable. They told me there was no need to lower my bike, although I wear bigger boots, they said I touch just fine. They also said the way my bike was set up was allowing the front to bounce more and the back end to be lighter - meaning I brake hard, my tail goes up. That is also b/c I don't have enough weight to keep the bike down, but that is all fixed now!

Here is the site and if you want to order anything.
http://www.washingtoncycleworks.com/

Old 03-12-2006, 03:14 AM
Default RE: My experience at WCW in NJ

That's great you noticed that much of a difference. Did they say the bike was way out of tune for your size or it was just a little adjustment? I'm curious bc I was looking into getting the suspension set up for me, and I am curious if it will make the same difference for myself. The setting are basically stock and my weight is 140lbs. Most people I talk to suggest that I might need to adjust the suspension a little but I will not notice that much of a difference. I also do not push the bike too hard when riding, just the occasional wheelie when I find a large enough parking lot, and maybe some spirited riding when I have a bunch of curves to myself.

That is also nice to hear you were able to find a place you would go back to. I am not so fortunate, I have found that bike mechanics around here to be idiots.

Old 04-23-2006, 02:33 AM
Default RE: My experience at WCW in NJ

I was thinking of taking my bike there for the same thing.Until a friend for another board said they messed up her settings.

this guy Nick from No Brunswick (NJf4i) also said he had his bike done there.And recommened them. so I might let them wrench on the bike.