General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My bike died today RIP(my little F4) :( !!!!!! HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 10:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My bike died today RIP(my little F4) :( !!!!!! HELP

Hi eveyone, greetings first of all im Efrain...I have a cbr600f4 So getting to the point, my bike died. Let me give you some backgroud, i changed the clutch, clean the carburator and oil and coolant...I started it and it was running very nice and all...but then... sadly after a very nice burnout on a wet road lol, the bike literaly made a soud that scared the heck out of me...it was like...(CLANCK CLANCK) coming from the top of the engine... i said to myself...dang i broke it...but it couldnt be because i didnt do nothing...i got home and the same freaking sound is like CLANCK CLANCK CLANK a very loud clanck...so i was curious i took apart the tank and the airbox and the noise definitly comes from the top of the engine is like knocking but very bad knocking...well...then i went CSI i stick my finger in the oil fillup thing and the coolant in the oil said to me HELLO!!!... i was like dang youuuuuuuuuu...i had coolant in my oil...im very pissed of because i spend a lot of money latetly on this bike... i was just wodering what could it break...i mean the damage of coolant in the oil...and what could be that noise...the CLANCK CLANCK noise from the top of the engine...

Thanks for everything for real... and for your time

Old 03-09-2010, 10:55 PM

please help need advice... and sorry for my english im from puerto rico and for real im not very good..

Old 03-09-2010, 11:18 PM

im gonna say either you skipped a tooth on your timing and hit a valve or maybe one of your rods are about to go. i would do a compression test.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:25 PM

Hey thanks for the reply...u said skipped timing...is it posible to damage engine timing just changing the clutch???... thats all i did i just changed the clutch...and the coolant in oil is the head gasket i think thats it.. is it difficult to change it by myself??

thanks

Old 03-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

The coolant in the oil is possible to be a head gasket, however that would not cause the noise you are hearing. Something broke when you were doing your burnout, could be a spun bearing, broke a valve, bent a pushrod, or who knows what else. You are probably going to have to start tearing it apart to see exactly what it is, but if its that noisy you likely severly hurt the motor and may be looking at a rebuild or even a new motor. The things you are finding with coolant in the oil and a hard knocking are all very bad signs of major damage, possibly catastropic failure.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:42 PM

ohh ok, for real thanks for the tips i will be tearing it down to see how it is...i hope is nothing major...

-E

Old 03-10-2010, 08:37 PM

your clutch change wasnt quite what i was getting at. your high rpm burnout is probably what would cause a skipped tooth. but something broke and the only way to find out what it was is to take apart your motor.